Ultimate Subaru Message Board

W series Toyota trans adaptors

bill hincher

Wow! Wtf mate!? Here I am trying to figure out how to mate a rwd tranny to an EJ and you've already done it!

So question for you sir. For a rwd tranny that could support say 400 HP and shifts smooth and quick. What one of these toy trannies is my best choice for your adaptor? Im not familiar with the caracteristics of the toy trannys.

Oh and by the way........you are the MAN! :)

You can't use the newer stuff, it's has to be the earlier short input shaft. Off the top of my head I want to say pre 96 stuff. But the r154 won't work because the input shaft if the long one.

I know there is a lot of pages, but it's all in this thread what works and what won't.

no, you will find a 2wd r150 in v6 equiped t-100 trucks , tacomas, 4runners, and pickups. also- if you happen to find an r154 in a supra, get it
Edited by mellow65

I knew I had it somewhere, here's the break down of the input shafts.

w-55-59 and pre 96 r 151 and r 150 = 6.5 inch input shaft

r 154 Toyota Supra turbo trans = 7.25 in input shaft

after 96 r 151 and r 150 V-6 Toyota trans = 7.50 input shaft

It's called linear algebra, and doing a communication class in 4 weeks.

I think I have just given up on making it to the garage anytime soon. That or I need to have a beer party and get a bunch of people to give me a hand doing the little crap on my car. Although beer and doing stuff right on a car don't always go together. :D

the worst time of building a hot rod is when you find out it can be done, it takes away the challenge, then you get bored and aviod the build

Finishing is like when you dream your on the railroad tracks and a train is coming and you can only move in slow motion >;o)

put on your 'big boy boots' and make time to finish the build right after the beer party:)

I hear what you're saying. And trust me I do really want to finish it in my life time. It's just been moving and the head butting of living with my parents again that's killing me too.

I'm going to get to it, I just need a little more time for things to mellow out. And really it's only been about 2 months of down time on it. That's nothing compared to what some projects sit idle.

Bill,

I am new to this site but I am on several other subie sites and stubled onto here and cant believe what I am seeing. I have owned a few STi's and am in the process of building a 4x4 toyota but I want a subie engine. I have a 2.0L wrx setup to put in there and it will be the perfect power setup for my needs compared to the old 22r. SOOO how do I get one of these setups from you? Do you have a webpage?

Thanks

Bill,

I am new to this site but I am on several other subie sites and stubled onto here and cant believe what I am seeing. I have owned a few STi's and am in the process of building a 4x4 toyota but I want a subie engine. I have a 2.0L wrx setup to put in there and it will be the perfect power setup for my needs compared to the old 22r. SOOO how do I get one of these setups from you? Do you have a webpage?

Thanks

thank you for the kind words, I wish I knew how to be more acsessable

my E mail is

japaneseauto1978@yahoo.com

I have had calls from Pakisitan and U.A.E, Dubai on this housing as well as Austrialia

Bill Hincher

3505 W Alexis Rd

Toledo,Ohio 43623

i can make you real busy if yould like.. with all these wyotech dudes doin swaps n stuff im sure a few would be interested in your work:)

oh and i have updated pics on my build thread in the offroad section..

all i need now is the clutch disk (they sent the wrong one so im in the return process)

after i get the disk the tranny will go in and ill have more pics up

thank you for everything bill ill post the adapter to tranny pics on here as soon as its in there

Edited by True2Blue

I know I can say, and probably many people can now say, I'm damn glad i stumbled across you Bill.

I can remember in your first emails back to me you didn't even want to really do it, but i was like, i'll send you everything, just look at it. :grin:

I hope this does good stuff for you. :)