Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car Recovered, It was not video I should have clarified that, it was on automatic single frame/time lapse Super8mm film. I do effects and was collecting timelapse of the trees blooming and the light changing, we caught the car being taken. My landlord however is installing a surveillance camera, so we will know then the time and date. I don't understand who these people are here and why they are commenting such as they are, so be it. Guess you've not quite been through this, it is not pleasant to say the least. They should pick richer people to steal from...share the wealth, not from those who aren't rolling in the dough. They were also involved in the theft of another car, I have evidence for the police, they have already taken some from the car and the other victim has been contacted as the thieves left their contact info in the car and some personal items belonging to them. They took lots of things including the car manual and all paperwork associated with it. There are punks and crack heads everywhere, not just the PNW, although the police are all over this one. I won't be visiting again here so whatever you say thinking you will get a response, won't happen, at least from me. Thanks for all your concern, much appreciated. Hope that you aren't next.

Edited by roserock
car recovered

Stolen Monday May 3, 2010 sometime between 2AM and 9AM

Incident on video camera, will drop investigation if thief calls in location of car.

If the incident was on video, wouldn't you know exactly when it was stolen? Or are you just using that as a tactic to convince the thief they're busted and to return the car, because you don't have video footage?

That sucks either way. Older subarus aren't usually stolen to be stripped for parts, it's more of a joyride thing usually. Unfortunately when they're recovered they're usually beat to ************ because of the joyriding.

Sucks to hear. Was the car locked?

I am a little distressed by the implications of this post. You assume someone here stole your car?

Someone is assuming something. It seems you are assuming that he is implying something. I don't see it that way at all. Don't be too quick to cry foul.

It looks to me that he is just putting out a general alarm about his car. He is new on this board.

Please, one victim is enough for this thread.

Someone is assuming something. It seems you are assuming that he is implying something. I don't see it that way at all. Don't be too quick to cry foul.

It looks to me that he is just putting out a general alarm about his car. He is new on this board.

Please, one victim is enough for this thread.

Could he possibly be hoping one may locate his car??

Had that been the case I doubt these words would have been used...

Incident on video camera, will drop investigation if thief calls in location of car. Reward offered. Contact Police. Contents incl. Eskimo Indian wool sweater, green dome tent, sleeping bag…

And, if he had come here looking for help he would have checked back to see if anyone had any info to offer.

For an example of how to post about a stolen vehicle check out audiofiles post. He posted it was stolen and asked for help finding it.

I feel bad for him that his car was stolen. But, if he did have footage it would also have a time stamp on it. There would not be speculation as to when exactly it was stolen.