Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ FSM Carb Info

rxleone

Yep, those manifolds - and gaskets - are different.

What about the chart with the same Part #s for the MPFI and SPFI 1.8? they superceed to the same PN?

I guess it's not a big deal, as it's doubtful many of us will ever see those heads or intakes.

What about the chart with the same Part #s for the MPFI and SPFI 1.8? they superceed to the same PN?

I guess it's not a big deal, as it's doubtful many of us will ever see those heads or intakes.

If someone knows of a cheap way to ship them, I'd be more then happy to send some over for what I got em' for, plus a couple of dollars for pulling and cleaning them in the spirit of helping my fellow Subaru nuts :)

Edited by rxleone

that SPFI intake is very similar to the carb intake i have on my EJ22

the differences that i can see is are the shape of the inlets to the heads...my ones have ports that are the same shape as a MPFI manifold which allows me to bolt it straight onto a MPFI block

and the inlet hole on my one is sort of oval to suit the twin barrels on the original carb

apart from that they are pretty much the same

oh and the larger of the two water temp sensor ports will take the temp sensor out of a EA81 so you temp gauge works right

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello from AUsubaru

Ive been reading about the SPFI ej18 manifold, I have a brumby with an EJ22 carbied motor http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15851 with a manifold that we made.

I have been looking for a SPFI ej18 manifold for quite a while but they are very hard to come by in Australia are they still available in NZ.

TOONGA

I Did not saw this thread Before... so I'll add my two cents of info now ... ;) ...

Subaru sent the Factory Carb + Disty EJ Engines here in early models, and the Dual Range is still available here, in Latin America; in fact, subaru did never dropped that Option from their Lineup for the Latin American Domestic Market. (LADM)

The EJ15 and EJ16 (Early Imprezas) shares same distribuitor part Numbers, while the EJ18 and EJ20 (Early Legacy, a.k.a: Liberty in australia) Shares the same part Numbers.

I have Photos of the Subaru Parts Catalog with parts numbers, and Photos of a Dual Range Carbed Legacy I was about to buy... Even a Video of its engine running.

All is Here: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101887&page=2

Sorry for Hijack the Thread... feel free to comment there.

Kind Regards.

• 1 month later...

Do you want to Know More about the LADM Specs Subarus with EJ engines that came Factory with Carburetor & Distribuitor?

Do a Click on my Avatar and You'll reach my Public profile, where I posted many Downloadable Document Files; Scroll down to Reach the Link for a Compressed .rar File which includes -among more files- the Scans of the 1992 Factory Service Manuals for those, and I found it in english for your easy reading pleasure. ;) (Local FSM's are in Spanish)

Kind Regards.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi This is Jerry, i already have a 2,2 carb engine in my 80 hatchbrat. It is a 96 imperza 2.2 and has a holley 4 barrel, it was at the subaru show last year. Thanks Jerry

I had a long chat with Jerry today and quite like this guy.  He patiently answering my questions, offered input, just a great all around chat about Subaru's and carb choices. Very knowledgeable person willing to help out another person when he could be doing better things. This board now has two great guys as far as i'm concerned and as forums go "that is far and few in between :)"

Jerry I appreciate all your help this Sunday morning.  

Edited by vwbajatruck@outlook.com
  • Like 1

No Intake Manifolds here...

I came across of few Gen I Legacy (Liberty) for sale,

Those have their EJ engines with Stock Carb + Disty Setup and Dual Range EJ Transmissions,

But you shall buy the entire vehicle... There's No one in a Junk Yard. 

Kind Regards.

For the past 3 days Loyale 2.7 Turbo has email me with detailed answers to my questions, enthusiastic in his contacts and a great guy for sure even when tasked him with all my endless questions.  It's not often you come across people like this and I appreciate all his help.

Very much appreciated.

• Like 1

For the past 3 days Loyale 2.7 Turbo has email me with detailed answers to my questions, enthusiastic in his contacts and a great guy for sure even when tasked him with all my endless questions.  It's not often you come across people like this and I appreciate all his help.

Very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your your kind words, which I really appreciate.

Jerry is an Awesome friend, he sent me, from his place in USA, to my place in Honduras, the set of Rear Disc Brakes, that have really helped me a Lot, on my Subaru "BumbleBeast" since years ago.

Kind Regards.

• 6 years later...

Necropost to the max, but am about to do this same swap in my 89 Omega wagon (EJ22 with factory EJ18 dizzy and carb in front of an EJ bellhousing PT4WD DR box) and I was wondering if anyone actually knew what carburetor Subaru used on the EJ18? It appears to be quite different from the earlier EA82 Hitachis I have and I was wondering what aftermarket options existed. I'm keen to put a Weber 38/38 on it. Long shot I know...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KiwiGL said:

Necropost to the max, but am about to do this same swap in my 89 Omega wagon (EJ22 with factory EJ18 dizzy and carb in front of an EJ bellhousing PT4WD DR box) and I was wondering if anyone actually knew what carburetor Subaru used on the EJ18? It appears to be quite different from the earlier EA82 Hitachis I have and I was wondering what aftermarket options existed. I'm keen to put a Weber 38/38 on it. Long shot I know...

Hey mate im following the FB "build" (im the one requesting all the pics :P )   Looking at that manifold you might need a side draft style carb? so potentially a china 40mm is the go?

Edited by 573417h