Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jeep GC Headlights

Here's something new that I haven't run into before. So the other night my wife and I were watching a movie and all of a sudden I look out, and my Jeep's Headlights are on! Now, naturally, I assume someone broke in and was trying to drive off I grab my keys and "baby monitor" (Viper 791xv with 2-way), notice the alarm didn't go off, and run out the door.

Then, the lights turn off. I run up to the Jeep and no-one is in it. So I'm thinking "am i nuts?" i asked someone that was driving by and they said "yea, the lights were on" so i sit there for a minute or so and sure as hell, the lights turn on!

Interresting. Has anyone else had this issue before? Its a 2000 Grand Cherokee. Now i know there is a photo cell on the dash that turns the lights on for me maybe there's a short in it? Also, occassionally, when i turn on the blinkers (left in particular) the lights turn on. now, i tossed that off as a short in the switch but how are they turning on even when nothing is happening? the car had been sitting there for probably a good 3 or 4 hours.

Input?

-Justin