my '90 wagon, was ea82t / 4eat..been sitting for a year or so

100_0311.jpg

picked up a BOSS 4/6 lift

100_0310.jpg

an ej20g quad cam engine

100_0308.jpg

a set of pugs..( may use )

100_0315.jpg

installed rear lift ( you rock Bill! ) reman axles and a 4:11 to go with the ej 5 speed

100_0316.jpg

so far so good, will install front end lift next weekend after picking up new axles

Edited by T'subaru

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything Looks Very Good! ... I Like your Subie and by the Picture seems like you have many Great Old School Subies! ... Awesome! :)

But I Kindly want to Ask you about the Great Stress Angle I Noticed in the Rear Axles... Do you Plan to Lower the Differential or you´ll Leave it like That? ...´cos the Great Stress Angle will Wear the Axles very, very Fast.

Kind Regards.

I ran a NAPA reman'd axle on the ChuxWagon for it's first trip. with a 2" difference between diff and hub.....it blew up (seriously, the DOJ cup exploded) less than 24 hours after purchase.

replaced with a re-booted OEM axle that I got at the junkyard, which lasted the 2 years until I sold the car.

Keep some weight in the back and it will be fine. (gonna have weight in there when wheeling likely anyhow)

I would also recomend welding in some blocks onto the original bump stop spots on the control arm.

I was having lots of trouble with over extending axles on compression till I limited the uptravel. You want as much as you can get, but if you break an axle then teh uptravel doesn 't help squat.

well I couldnt talk my son into the wagon, he wants the RX and hes not getting the ej"g" in his first car so I get the wagon as my daily...whatever the use will be it should be a fun ride and not one that you see everyday:)

go big....or go home:grin:

With the stock rear coilovers he is using there is no where near enough up travel to break any axles under compression. Plus with the 2" of extra lift, the axles will be almost straight level at full compression. Ea81's with torsion bar rears are the ones that have uber uptravel

Yeah, I was thinking more EA81. I guess the coilover acts as a stopper once the spring is fully compressed on EA82.

cant wait to see this done !

mmm New Parts!:)

and cant wait to see videos !

Excellent work !

-John

Thanks, should have the lift finished this coming weekend then its time to get the engine / trans installed and fill out the wheel wells.

I installed the front lift yesterday, just need to relocate the front brake hose brackets and fab a support bracket for my fuel pump and the lift is done:)

Today it gets a tilt column and prepared for a pedal box. Long weekend coming up and its time to round up gaskets, seals and clutch stuff.

Mark

100_0321.jpg

New to Soobie land, could you tell me more about the wheel. Are they 14" or 15". What years were these models on cars? Are they 505 wheels? I see alot of the 1" spaced fan type wheels and I used to have a 505 that I think had the rims you have the picture of, but that was in 1905, or so it seems. Thanks,

the wagon is looking saweeet........

New to Soobie land, could you tell me more about the wheel. Are they 14" or 15". What years were these models on cars? Are they 505 wheels? I see alot of the 1" spaced fan type wheels and I used to have a 505 that I think had the rims you have the picture of, but that was in 1905, or so it seems. Thanks,

the wagon is looking saweeet........

Thanks Dude,

The pugs I have are 15" off a 505 turbo diesel. Check with "Scott in bellingham" as he had some advertised, he's a member here.

I hate you! (j/k) such a nice clean wagon!! no body rust visible anywhere - must be nice! :P

The lift is looking absolutely AWESOME!! and yeah, you need to get some rubber in them there wheelwells! they look too empty! :grin:

looking forward to seeing more!

I hate you! (j/k) such a nice clean wagon!! no body rust visible anywhere - must be nice! :P

The lift is looking absolutely AWESOME!! and yeah, you need to get some rubber in them there wheelwells! they look too empty! :grin:

looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks, I wont make the progress this weekend that I had hoped, but its getting a rear sway bar and some other details finished up. The car has a couple of surface rust spots due to some scrapes in the paint but it gets a paint job, sun roof and window tint when the mods are finished up.

Cheers, Mark

Not alot of progress today, but I installed a pair of RX inner arms and a sway bar. Ive decided to source longer brake hoses instead of relocating the clamps and I had to put a little heat to the fittings so all the hoses will be replaced.

Cheers, M

100_0334.jpg

Edited by T'subaru

Thanks' date=' I wont make the progress this weekend that I had hoped, but its getting a rear sway bar and some other details finished up. The car has a couple of surface rust spots due to some scrapes in the paint but it gets a paint job, sun roof and window tint when the mods are finished up.

Cheers, Mark[/quote']

What you call rust there in WA is nothing compared to what happens here in WI - gauranteed! Lost my old GL wagon to the cancer that was so bad we were afraid she would break in two going over the RR tracks! :eek: Engine only had 265K and was still going strong. Still miss the old girl! (was my first)

In the middle of tinting my Lego's windows - using a heat reflective (67%) limo black (5%) - looks pretty cool and helps keep the interior a bit cooler as well! (already has a power sunroof :grin:)