Ultimate Subaru Message Board

T'sunami Wagon

T'subaru

What you call rust there in WA is nothing compared to what happens here in WI - gauranteed! Lost my old GL wagon to the cancer that was so bad we were afraid she would break in two going over the RR tracks! :eek: Engine only had 265K and was still going strong. Still miss the old girl! (was my first)

In the middle of tinting my Lego's windows - using a heat reflective (67%) limo black (5%) - looks pretty cool and helps keep the interior a bit cooler as well! (already has a power sunroof :grin:)

I have lost 1 vehicle to rust, and another is on the way, fortunately not any of my subaru's yet. But I live about 1500 feet from this:)

100_0058.jpg

Edited by T'subaru

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man - that's beautiful! I hate you again! :lol:

altho - i did kind of like living more inland - the Cascades on one side, the Olympics on the other...and mostly rust free cars! but that was many years ago - now my view is of corn & hay fields...*sigh*

Oh man - that's beautiful! I hate you again! :lol:

altho - i did kind of like living more inland - the Cascades on one side, the Olympics on the other...and mostly rust free cars! but that was many years ago - now my view is of corn & hay fields...*sigh*

We really like living on the coast, but nothing wrong with corn and hay fields...as unfortunately the ocean is getting closer...faster than predicted.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Not to much has happened lately with all the weekends Ive been working but I made a little progress this weekend.

Cleaned the interior up a bit and installed a manual pedal box

100_0374.jpg

Ran across this at a wrecking yard in "new" condition and the right color:)

100_0373.jpg

Recently added electric mirrors, interval wipers and I have a tilt column to install once my harness and ecu arrives...

• 1 month later...

Well it been a while since ive updated but heres whats been happening with my wagon. Ive installed carpet and soon door cards from a GL wagon, received a set of pug lugs to run the 15" alloys and L discs at each corner ( for now ) installed longer brake hoses to retain all the stock anchor points for the lines after lifting it, and picked up a rear tire carrier, once I locate a straight rear bumper I plan on pulling the cover and installing a mount/pivot point for it. Soon to receive some big items for the build, and no more na 5 speed behind the ej20g.:banana:

100_0489.jpg

100_0480.jpg

• 2 months later...

A little update as parts are starting to come in..

Ive aquired wrx drivetrain for my wagon, from starter to rear lsd complete, ill be running a wrx turbo trans, 5 spd with a 4:11 rear lsd ( big big thanks to Suberdave ) behind my ej20g. I also aquired an '04 wrx pedal box to allow install of the clutch hydraulics.

wrx / ea82 hybrid axles and an 04 wrx pedal box

100_0553.jpg

more good stuff on the way, all i need is time and some decent weather:grin:

Mark

Thanks Nomad' date=' its been a slow process, and ive changed directions a couple of times and parts as well..but finally im focused and on track..just waiting on parts and time[/quote']

yeah I have a project on a EA82T and it is going sooooo slow, mostly due to the fact that its is SNOWING in IDAHO and my project car is outside:mad:, I can't wait for the day I have a garage.....I will probably never leave....

keep updated with pictures, that ride is soooo sweet!

-Nomad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nice weather finally, and being layed off its time to start up on my wagon again. Today I installed a wrx pedal box. I made a template for the clutch m/cly mount.

100_0607.jpg

Drilled the firewall

100_0608.jpg

and installed the m/cyl, good news is I dont have to reroute my speedo cable

100_0611.jpg

the wrx acc pedal and linkage is seperate from the pedal box, and when compared to the ea82 pedal box its longer and doesnt have the same travel

100_0610.jpg

So I sectioned the 4eat pedal box it origionally had to use the ea82 acc pedal and linkage

100_0614-1.jpg

And everything installed with the ea acc pedal overlaid on the wrx pedal box

100_0613.jpg

Edited by T'subaru

Today I installed some gl interior stuff I picked up last summer. While at it I put in mdx speakers in all 4 doors and new lock cylinders all around to match a tilt column thats going in after the harness mod.

before

100_0615.jpg

after

100_0618.jpg

100_0617.jpg

:slobber: This car is B-E-autiful! And I'm guessing on that harness that "earth" is the ground? That's cute... haha.

And I know it was forever ago but... Nomad Brad... I understand you live in Boise and whatnot... but up here in North Idaho we're STILL getting snow... I pity you that you were caught off guard by snow! I love snow! That's what makes subies so much fun! :D

Back on topic....

Subscribed! - keep up the good work! Interior looks awesome! :grin:

Today ill start installing the drivetrain. Im installing a wrx 5 speed, rear diff and axles. Im using the ej center section combined with xt6 front and rear cross members.

100_0624.jpg

I ran across an add in craigslist yesterday. A guy had bought a new '07 wrx and within 2 weeks had a performance shop install a full cobbs system. He boxed up his stock stuff and had it in storage up until yesterday. It was free for the pickup and should work well on my wagon with a little modification.

100_0626.jpg

:slobber: This car is B-E-autiful! And I'm guessing on that harness that "earth" is the ground? That's cute... haha.

And I know it was forever ago but... Nomad Brad... I understand you live in Boise and whatnot... but up here in North Idaho we're STILL getting snow... I pity you that you were caught off guard by snow! I love snow! That's what makes subies so much fun! :D

Back on topic....

Subscribed! - keep up the good work! Interior looks awesome! :grin:

Thank you :)..but im not Nomad

Edited by T'subaru