Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"E-code" headlights

OK so I searched the forum and as the title says I am looking for a set of headlights for my 91 Loyale that run H4 bulbs instead of the 9004 bulb it has now. As many if you know, H4 wattage selection is much better for higher wattage bulbs. Living out in the sticks and driving a lot at night I feel better if I can see.

I know that there some members here are from countries that drive on the right side of road in Europe and elsewhere. I am not sure if these were made or not just trying to feel it out.

thanks in advance.

Ben

yep, they exist, i actually have 2 sets. started a thread like 4 years ago listing all the diferences with them

I found your post here it looks like the picture links are not working anymore. Do you have any pictures and info on where you purchased the lights? I have family(in-laws) in Germany and I think I could get them to ship them to me if the parts are available.

thanks

Ben

have you tried the Sylvania Silver star series bulbs??? they throw much better light than the standard 9004 bulb.

also, take a good look at the inside of the headlight housing - if the silver inside is in bad shape it wont throw good light regardless of bulb type.

OK so I searched the forum and as the title says I am looking for a set of headlights for my 91 Loyale that run H4 bulbs instead of the 9004 bulb it has now. As many if you know, H4 wattage selection is much better for higher wattage bulbs. Living out in the sticks and driving a lot at night I feel better if I can see.

I know that there some members here are from countries that drive on the right side of road in Europe and elsewhere. I am not sure if these were made or not just trying to feel it out.

thanks in advance.

Ben

Nevermind. When I saw "Loyale", I instantly thought "Brat". Sorry.

Jacob

Edited by renob123
Reading comprehension edit.

have you tried the Sylvania Silver star series bulbs??? they throw much better light than the standard 9004 bulb.

also, take a good look at the inside of the headlight housing - if the silver inside is in bad shape it wont throw good light regardless of bulb type.

I have tried Silverstar's, still not enough light for me... I am used to H4 80/100 or HID's. I have had HIDs in my truck for the last 5 years and I love them.

The headlight housings are clean and un damaged, the reflector is in great shape.

I might just get some HIDs for the wagon if I can't get my hands on some H4 housings.

Edited by tractor pole

A friend of mine may be parting out his Loyale/L-series with EUDM headlights... But it all depends whether or not he can sell the engine and tranny (3-sp LOL). How much do you want to spend on a set?

I am not quite sure how much they go for. I don't want to spend too much on them(like less than $50 US for the set), but if they are in good condition and can find a reasonable shipping rate I am willing to buy them. I am assuming that they would be coming from the Netherlands? If you could find some pics if he is interested in selling them.