Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 6th Subaru - 95 Outback

Durania

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife is going to learn to drive a manual on it. I just climbed out of the thing a few minutes ago. The PO really loved salt.

The RS was super dirty, got behind a truck of saw dust in the pouring rain this morning on my way to work.

0601001624.jpg

0601001631.jpg

0601001918.jpg

Yes those are standard '95 Outback wheels, but they are also called the "GT" wheels as they were on the first gen GTs and touring wagons.

Whoops, I re-looked at the first set of pictures again - and thought there were steelies with hubcaps on it before. My mistake. But still those alloys are alos called GT wheels :)

Edited by TheLoyale

You got a loan on a 15 year old car? :eek:

Albeit, it looks to be in very nice condition... I'm just wondering what bank gives out auto loans for a car that old?

It could just be a loan from a credit union (Like if you were to buy a car from a cheep used lot) ya know.

It was a $2000 personal loan. I had the cash already and my bank saw that. Plus, we own our home and have excellent credit. Also have a paid off RS and 2004 Accord and ZERO credit card debt, just mine and her's student loans.

Edited by Durania

Another "fake" Outback!

Looks nice. If your wife is going to learn on that, she's lucky because I find that the clutch on the EJ22 far easier to use than the clutch on an EJ25. I first drove manual on an EJ22 (specifically a Legacy Brighton wagon) and the clutch was very easy to modulate, very linear.

As for the EJ25, that's a different can of worms. Switching from the EJ22 to an EJ25 was difficult.

Anyways, any mods planned? Maybe some "real" Outback struts planned?

I told her that this thing would be easier to learn on than my RS, RS clutch is say "goofy".

No plans for any big mods yet, just gonna put the miles on her and do work.

Will be my daily driver when I get the STi in a few months.

It was a $2000 personal loan. I had the cash already and my bank saw that. Plus, we own our home and have excellent credit. Also have a paid off RS and 2004 Accord and ZERO credit card debt, just mine and her's student loans.

Ahh, the personal loan route. That does help for sure. I think I would have just paid for it outright, but you do what you please. Car looks like a great find. Hopefully it will serve you well for many years to come. :)

WTF! you have a RS, Accord, Legacy wagon now and soon an STi and your house is paid off. your only 22 for crist sake, You richie riches brother? :lol:

Sounds like he has a decent job and is responsible to me. I have people ask me all the time how I have what I do. Don't waste money!!!

Sounds like he has a decent job and is responsible to me. I have people ask me all the time how I have what I do. Don't waste money!!!

Yes but old Subarus are cheep, Both mine only cost me $500 each :grin:

But thats true, don't waste money on crap you don't need! :lol:

House is definitely not paid for. I own a home but that also means that Chase Financial owns my home. We manage our money very well and don't buy anything we don't really need, there are some exceptions to what I want. :lol: I fell into a good job a few years ago as assistant IT director for the local municipal government, she is an accountant. The RS will be sold in a few months.

I am about to graduate Tennessee Tech University with a BS in Business Administration/MIS in August and the wife gave me two options: 1. Two week trip to Japan. 2. STi

You know which one I chose.

2006-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-FA-Speed-1024x768.jpg

Edited by Durania

Whoops I miss understood when you said "We own our house" well just wate till you can refi and get it down to a 15y morgage (Like we did) payments are cheeper and its half only a 15 year!

Now that you have laided your lift storie out there, lets get back to the STi! Is that one your getting blue?

Still can't beleive you'd sell that RS :slobber:

Durania - that is a nice looking wagon, hope she treats you right for many years to come. :)

And congrats on the upcoming graduation! Keep up the good work!

Yes but old Subarus are cheep, Both mine only cost me $500 each :grin:

HA! my first one (Hildy, the 89 GL wagon) only cost me $150 and the Lego (90 LS wagon, AWD) only cost $200! :grin::lol:

and i would sell an RS for an STI!!