Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 6th Subaru - 95 Outback

Durania

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is full of lots of Awesomeness of Subarus, and details.

When you order, Kyle delivers.

I actually want it to be an '06 so it gets the aluminum STi control arms. Yes, it must be world rally blue on gold. Want it to be as close to stock as possible. They are out there, I know.

I have already got my first few mods/fixes in order for the Outback. Going to get a WRX 6 disc that a friend is giving me, for free. Going to get pads all around, oil change this weekend. CV axle (torn inner boot) should be installed next week, the boot tore a few days before I bought it. Also going to affix my new Subaru owner badge when it comes in. Also going to replace the blown bulbs in the climate control.

Tom - the RS has served it's purpose fully. It has been my 110 mile/day driver since 2008. I have added my own touches to it to make the drive a little more bearable.

Her latest pic:

durania.jpg

Edited by Durania

Sounds like he has a decent job and is responsible to me. I have people ask me all the time how I have what I do. Don't waste money!!!

True that!! I'm 27, we're single income, have 2 kids and a 3rd on the way. House is paid for, cars are paid for (2000 2.5RS and 2000 Outback Wagon)

It's all about discipline AND smart shopping!

@Durania

You know you'll be back to the GC platform soon though mate! ;););)

Edited by cobcob

Unless it's a swapped RS, I doubt it.

I never had the love for the RS that I had for my EA81 Hatch and 83 BRAT.

That's fair enough. The GC platform was my first love in the Subie world. Not that I didn't love my 82 Brat but I've been drooling over the GC's since the first WRX hit the shores back in OZ dressed like this:

Vic21grant.jpg

A friend of Battlewagon took that at our last Subaru meet. I was amazed.

Added a WRX 6 disc changer tonight, friend had one sitting on his shelf at home. Said I could have it to get it out of the way. This was a plug and play mod.

0603001938.jpg

Here are the pictures from out last Subaru meet. If you decide to sign up for MySubie, put that Durania referred you.

http://www.mysubie.com/gallery?id=1028

maybe I should slide mine up so the mat wont move around so much...

mine someone must of had paint in the car and it spilled a little in the rear and I also noticed spills under the carpet when I pulled the whole carpet out of the car to steam clean.

maybe I should slide mine up so the mat wont move around so much...

There is a button snap in the back for the carpet to snap to. It is in the same area as the latch for the rear hatch. Mine was unsnapped and was causing my carpet to slide around like you described.

I am in for a break right now. Just got doing brakes all around. I will post a picture later of a certain brake pad, it was gone. :eek:

After breakfast I am going to head back out to do an oil change and pull the HVAC controls to do the bulbs in behind there. I will following this DIY:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/change-heater-control-lights-95-99-legacy-26408.html?t=26408&highlight=HVAC+bulbs

Little tidbit: the bulbs that are used for the Legacy HVAC backlight are the same ones that are used in my RS for the fog light indicator, rear defroster, and the hazard button. Can be purchased at Radio Shack for a $1.50 a pack. #7219 12 volt micro-bulbs.

Just finished the HVAC bulb repair. What a pain in the a**.

Found out why the brakes sucked on this thing:

0605001310.jpg

Also buffed some grime off the headlights, hard to tell really in the pictures but you can get the point.

Before:

0605001317.jpg

After:

0605001327.jpg

Man, the pads on mine were way worse! the pad broke off of the metal plate and 2 of them were metal on metal (Stopped just fine with no noise) Untill I locked them up for fun, then a squeak started up and got louder!

New pads now :-p

Lights look clean!

Don't know man.

Need to get me a crush ring next time I am at the dealer, got a slight oil drip now.

Speaking of Dealer, I need to go there tomorrow and get a Genuine "Honeywell" oil filter. The one on my Legacy now (Car quest WIX) hits the header pipe :rolleyes: The Genuine ones are shorter. I'll have to get some crush rings too.

I've got a Wix on mine as well. I've had good luck running them but will grab an extra filter and a handfull of rings next time I am down there. Nearest dealer is 30 miles from me but it's worth the trip. They know me by name down there as I organized a huge Subaru meet for them last month.

http://www.duffsubaru.com/news-and-upcoming-events.htm

Pictures from the meet:

http://www.mysubie.com/gallery?id=1028

Edited by Durania

My Subaru dealer is only 1-1/2 miles from me and they don't even know what my car is, they think its a Legacy untill I tell them, then they are like "Eh..?" :rolleyes:

Plus they can't get anything without asking for a VIN, I dunno... Some dealers are nicer then others I guess.. :grin: