Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 6th Subaru - 95 Outback

Durania

Yeah, I couldn't believe the dang thing fit either. :lol:

Installed a 03 WRX seat last night that I got a smoking good deal on. It does sit about an inch higher but that was expected from where I had them in my RS. I do need to re-tap a seat hole that decided to strip on removal of stock bolt. :mad:

IMG_20110604_123218.jpg

Edited by Durania

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Have not done an update in a long time.

Traded with a guy and got JDM wagon tails

v1_vehicle_555_8aa721263b9_1068_1024.jpg

My WRX headunit finally died, sourced another one from another friend and put it back in.

Put new rear rotors on Sunday. The ones on it were the factory ones. Made in Japan and sent over here to Indiana. They were shot.

Got the new ones on and the car did not want to move, acting like the parking brake was on. My father in law and I took them back off and got a wire brush and scraped a TON of rust off the 6 o'clock position of the assembly that contains the parking brake mechanism. We got it to roll again but it makes some rubbing noise. No brakes are dragging and is not affecting driveability. Just makes noise like a bad wheel bearing when making turns. Figured it would eventually wear down.

We are taking it to Florida on Saturday. Looking forward to the drive.

F... I would give my kidneys for the JDM tails.. when I totaled my 95 Legacy I did not have the effen deep sockets to get the tails off and I had to leave them on the car..

They are a rip off to buy.. and those i got for a decent deal because the guy was in NY.. I've been looking for some since I'm painting the car in 2 months and I want to do my custom LED tail lights.

Yeah they are a lot better then the USDM lights for sure I like how the turn signals and reverse lights all come with Fresnel lenses.

between me needing another set of wheels and tires I might not be able to get them until next month providing I can find someone that's selling

Looks great. I wouldn't mind having a set on mine. I think I will get JDM projector headlights first though. You should move this to the members rides section!!

I've got JDm projectors I've had them on my table for like 3 months now.. I put in some FX-R projectors.. very tight fit which required a lot of cutting..

I'm running some Rebel LED's for turn signals.. I'm using a relay on it so I get my turn/parking light blink when the headlights are on.

I'm about 502 Lm at full brightness, Not sure if I ever showed the pictures here but here is a youtube video of me manually powering it.

WE have a member's ride section?

I like those yellow fogs.

Did you modify the JDM headlights so they don't shine into the oncoming traffic?

Thanks, the yellow fogs are stock but with yellow film I got on ebay.. been on for about a year now.. it really helps with the contrast at night.

The JDM headlights I took out the only thing I kept was the bracket to mount the projector in..

I'm running these projectors in the car but the older 2.0 version

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=101

it's a tad tight in the housing with very limited up and down movement.. once I get the ballasts I can check how high/low I need to aim

I really miss the tail lights however lol

To do the rear end it's going to cost me around $160 or so to convert to LED's at least the two reverse lamps and turn signals only...

I'm about to build a LED array for the 3rd brake light

that's not bad at all sometimes I think it's better to drive with the AC instead of driving with the window open

On the highway, it probably is.

I run AC when it's hot because driving over about 50 with a window open drives me nutts.

The only time I run with the AC on is when I have my little boy or passengers with me. Chalk it up to many years in a non-AC hatch and BRAT.

The only car I ever had with working a/c was my Outback... until I crossed a flooded road and completely screwed the ac pump. Many years of EA82s made that an easy fact to come to terms with. Now I'm in an '84 DL and guess what... no ac. Oh well at least I have those awesomely huge openings thanks to the lack of a B-pillar :headbang: I totally appreciate the fact that car was made that way. Miss the Outback though... You're lucky, that's a great family vacation wagon!!!

Well, she survived the round trip to the Florida gulf coast and back. 2 hours from home it threw a check engine light getting on the interstate. I have been driving the STi so I have not had the time to drive it to town to get the code pulled. Was hoping I could do it with my Cobb AP but it didn't work. It did work on that 02 WRX I was working on a few months ago.

Here she is about to make the long journey home.

IMG_20120616_063445.jpg