Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Holy subaru god's

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like someone painted the shifters & consoles, because they're glossy and tan instead of dull and brown, and that boot that subaru-dude posted about. It could be a reflection on top of the knob or wear in the paint/dye.

OR IT COULD BE THE TRIGGER FOR THE MACHINE GUNS/OIL SLICK/ETC!!

How many D/R turbo 5sp's have you seen in 1985, in a wagon?

Personally, I think none? Other than this one only in pics. In the 9th post of this thread the original poster explains that this car was originally an auto and how it came to be a 5mt d/r, converted by the dealer in 01'. I wouldn't think the dealer would use a pushbutton shifter, but hey, I dunno! That and personally I have not seen a pushbutton shifter with that smooth contour shift knob like that, only the square-er looking ones like I stated earlier, again I dunno! Maybe the OP could clarify...

Spencer

the '85 & '86 had different style shifter

4717290001_large.jpg

from my '85 before I bought it

I like my "crest brown" '86 GL-10 better, roof rack, sunroof, added LSD, hitch, ea81, slightly newer radio and equalizer

you have ea82t, not ea81t, you seemed to indicate you had both in one post, IIRC

I think its sweet. If you mess with it you will destroy any collectible value it had.

If you decide you dont want it I bet you could try and export it to the east coast.

FYI those wagon wheels are not genuine subaru ones. They are les schwab ones.

Bring it to WCSS12 and see if you can get best gen 3 :slobber:

I thought they were Jackmans. When did les schwalbies put out a 4x140?

Personally, I think none? Other than this one only in pics. In the 9th post of this thread the original poster explains that this car was originally an auto and how it came to be a 5mt d/r, converted by the dealer in 01'. I wouldn't think the dealer would use a pushbutton shifter, but hey, I dunno! That and personally I have not seen a pushbutton shifter with that smooth contour shift knob like that, only the square-er looking ones like I stated earlier, again I dunno! Maybe the OP could clarify...

Spencer

It just looked funny in the pic. I missed the dealer installed, thanks. That could explain it I guess. I would still like to see a pic of the interior and console specifically.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I found this post in regards to 'root beer' color.

LOVE the color, as i have an 86 3door the same.

Keep this car original and clen, detail it well, detail under the hood, and keep it nice with a vintage/collector late, and we hope to see it at a barret-jackson auction some day.

It's worth preserving as an example in the realm of subaru heritage.

As with my 3-door, I am doing a 5 lug swap, 4wd conversion, but i am doing in the best manner possible to not deviate from stock appearance. That means the factory cassette radio stays!

Sorry to bring up an old post, but that car is just too sweet for me to not comment.

All you haters can lick rust

I Really Like That Wagon!

This is the First time I See a 1985 GL with Black Door Handles...

That is an absolutely beautiful car. Well worth the price ...

I Agree... Also in my Country that would cost Between $ 4,000.ºº and $ 5,000.ºº Because is Very Clean and Good Shape, also Because Used cars are very Expensive here too... but the Real Value is not given by the Market, once you "Fall in Love" with a Car.

Kind Regards.