Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So Really, how many started a ej swap and never finished it

bheinen74

This is an unfinished ej-ej swap in a 95 impreza. In 2007 I got a twin turbo legacy motor, had the heads rebuilt, got single turbo exhaust manifolds & up/down pipe, turbo, intercooler, intake and lots of other bits. And for the last 3 years there its sits on a stand just about ready togo. Everytime I think about finishing it, gas goes up so I put it off so I can stick with the cheap gas.

Gas probably wont come down for a long time, if ever.

So instead of letting that engine sit there and collect dust, why not sell it?

I'm looking for another EJ22T, hint hint.

well i started my swap in march of 2010 then the car sat for about a year and then two weeks ago, for no apparent reason the bug bit me again and i started working on it again. hoping to be driving it by the end of the month.

• 4 weeks later...
well i started my swap in march of 2010 then the car sat for about a year and then two weeks ago, for no apparent reason the bug bit me again and i started working on it again. hoping to be driving it by the end of the month.

just thought id up date this mine ran for the first time last week and should be driveable by next friday

• 4 weeks later...

i finally started on the brat wrx swap. i am still getting parts in, waiting on the engine and trans and a few other little bits, but its all on the way. overthe weekend, i stripped out the engine bay of everything but the engine itself since it got to be too hot to keep working and i didt have any help or an engine hoist.

i need to find a turbo brat crossmemeber or get mine notched for the exhaust. thats going to be fun.

I just picked up the project car of a member on here and am having it shipped here. ej22 into a GL '87. It runs, but there are bugs. I dont know what I am getting myself into! I will be rough trying to figure out what was done to it and what needs to be done. I also have a dented 1980's brat sitting in my yard that needs work. Too many projects!

-Jesse

I started my first swap about 3 weeks ago, and it is 99% finished except for a few small details. I have Suberdave trim my wiring harness, which was a really good descision in retrospect.

I think the electrical is where people get hung up and then the project stalls out.

Amazing increase in power, and overall a much smoother ride.