Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Cut the blue wire!" "They're both blue wires!"

Sorry about the title, but here's the issue trying to undo some previous "MODS" someone did. Under the left side of the dash right next to the hood release is a nest of wires and someone seems to have gotten in there and ripped and cut a couple of them one is I believe a power wire which isn't a big deal other than they cut it so close to the plastic connector there's no room to strip it and reconnect it. So how do you replace the pins inside with a new one or get the old one out and put the wire back on the end? And the other issue is it looks like they pulled the wires out of another connector which has a total of 3 wires the one black wire is still in the harness and the other are both blue one has a yellow stripe and one has what looked like a black but it was dark in there. I need to know which wire goes next to the black in the connector and again how to reconnect into the factory connector is possible. I have a drivers side seat belt that doesn't move and a light that says DOOR LOCK on the dash I'm trying to fix. Here's a pic but it's kind of blurry, but my neck was cramping.

IMG_1919.jpg

There is typically a way to shove a thin, stiff insturment down into the connectors to pop the spade or pin out of them. Just look closely and you will see how they work.

You need to do some soldering most likely.

The door lock indicator will be on as long as the doors aren't locked. :rolleyes:. Normal for those cars.

GD

Yah soldering is in the future, I just had no idea the order of the 2 blue wires or how to get the pins out of the connectors I usually am dealing with VWs and the newer ones have it so you can separate the 2 haves of the clip and just buy new pig tailed pins.

WOW... I am having no luck getting the pins out been through a precision flat head screwdriver, to big, a push pin, way to flimsy, and a girls some kind of hair pin, seems to be small and hard enough but can't figure out how to release them. Well I guess I'm going to have to see if this is in the wiring diagrams in the manual but I doubt it and then just get some new spade connectors and plug one to one.

The blue/yellow goes in the center. It is for the door switch I guess. When I unplugged it the door dinger died, then I turned the key on and the slider locked the belt back. I plugged it back in and my seatbelt slid forward. 91 Loyale

Hey thanks a lot one pin in the harness with the red wires was not repairable, so tomorrow I'm going to see if one of the auto parts stores has a 3 wire universal quick connect but now at least I know what they are suppose to be connected to.

Yah... all that came to mind when I pulled back the carped and saw the mess the previous owner made. Cannot wait to pull out the cobbed in stereo and see what's behind there. I know they didn't use an adapter so I'm sure my stock harness is gone. I found this out after the first night I had the car home and the battery was dead then realized that when ever the parking light switch is left on the stereo is powered up. Nice huh?