Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber Carb Group Buy

I know a lot of you want to have a Weber Carburetor on your Subaru. Our company would like to offer an ongoing price for our members. I have got a better price from my suppliers and we want to offer it to you guys. To get this price, you have to phone and ask for me, Jim - 604-879-6288. You have to say you are from the Subaru site. Payment would be by Visa Mastercard or American Express. We have a US Visa machine, so your amount would be exactly as on your statement. For Mastercard or Amex you would be charged in Canadian funds and the conversion would be on your Statement. If you have any questions, please call or email me. Here is the deal.

Weber 32/36 DGEV electric choke carburetor

Adaptor plate (2 different ones)

KN copy air filter

Universal Cable Linkage kit

This kit does not come with instructions, but it is straight forward for installation. You have to check your local rules for putting this carburetor on. A lot of the pollution control will have to be modified or gotten rid of.

The carb will be jetted with appropriate jets for your application, float level checked. The price.....

$335 US including shipping to anywhere in the US

$446 Canadian + Taxes (GST and PST if you are in BC) including shipping in Canada

Looks like a good deal with shipping...

I bought this kit from from a place local to me in Washington.

http://carbsunlimited.com/Weber/Dataresults3.asp?Kit_Nbr=K731&Model=ALL%20,%20INCLUDING%20BRAT

I wasn't thrilled with the kit for the EA-82. The adapters fit lousy and barely covered the coolant hole in the manifold. I had to go out and buy hardware because some of the mounting bolts were to long, studs and nuts as well. No return line hose barb. Personally I would be willing to layout a few more dollars for a superior product that was "plug and play" and saved me a trip into town. If your kit addresses these issues you'll get my money next time around.

Some questions:

1: will the kit come with either size of air filter depending on your application? (ie - 3" for lifted rigs, and 1-3/4" for non-lifted rigs...)

2: Is the adaptor plate the Redline weber one, or a different brand?

3: Is the linkage kit the one with the throttle cable holder that bolts onto the back two bolts of the carb?

4: Are you peiceing these together from individual packaged parts, or are these the official redline weber kit ?(K730, and K731 I think).... because it's actaully preferable if you peice them together since the kits come with no linkage stuff, and the wrong size air filter for non-lifted rigs.....

5: Can you get a decent price on the Redline snorkel adaptors?

That is a GREAT price if you are building up these kits with the individual parts..... still good for the Redline kit, but I'll never buy one of those again....

Someone should sticky this.....

GD

Currently, the adapter is the Redline one. There are two different adapters. We put our own kit together. It has no instructions. We can supply a 1 3/4" filter or a 2 1/2" filter. We can supply carburetors separately. We can supply 32/36 DGV Manual Choke, or 32/36 DGEV Electric choke. You can mix and match, buy whatever you want. I will give you a good price. If you want to email me or call me at work, we can talk.

Subaru has not been that popular for us for supplying Webers. We do a lot of Mazda, Toyota, Suzuki and BMW. In these parts, people drive Subaru for one reason. They cost very little to run.

That is a GREAT price for a kit if you guys are putting them together! Should be MUCH more accurate, at least for EA81's. And being able to choose manual choke! WOW. I'll definately buy from you next time I need some parts. I'll help you out a bit right now - here's the official Weber installation instructions for people who need them. They are next to useless anyway.....

http://www.ultimatevirgin.com/cropperr/

Click on "Weber Installation Instructions". I used my digital camera and took pictures of every page they gave me.....

Oh - and the Redline adaptor for EA81's is FINE, but if you find another source for those too, please tell us, as the Redline one doesn't quite line up properly - although it doesn't leak coolant or anything like that.

GD

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I know a lot of you want to have a Weber Carburetor on your Subaru. Our company would like to offer an ongoing price for our members. I have got a better price from my suppliers and we want to offer it to you guys. To get this price, you have to phone and ask for me, Jim - 604-879-6288. You have to say you are from the Subaru site. Payment would be by Visa Mastercard or American Express. We have a US Visa machine, so your amount would be exactly as on your statement. For Mastercard or Amex you would be charged in Canadian funds and the conversion would be on your Statement. If you have any questions, please call or email me. Here is the deal.

Weber 32/36 DGEV electric choke carburetor

Adaptor plate (2 different ones)

KN copy air filter

Universal Cable Linkage kit

This kit does not come with instructions, but it is straight forward for installation. You have to check your local rules for putting this carburetor on. A lot of the pollution control will have to be modified or gotten rid of.

The carb will be jetted with appropriate jets for your application, float level checked. The price.....

$335 US including shipping to anywhere in the US

$446 Canadian + Taxes (GST and PST if you are in BC) including shipping in Canada

Unfortunately the price has gone up. Please call or email me for a quote.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys! :)

Well... Actually I urgent Need the Complete Kit for my 1985 2WD Loyale GL, with the Mighty EA82... The Hitachi Died long time ago, But since I need often this car, I have it running with a Nissan´s Sentra 1600 Carb... and it runs PATHETIC!

Pathetic in this case means that this carb. does not have enough poer for high revs. and changing needles only does it take more gas... for nothing happened... I hate this Situation, so I need Urgent a Weber One... Please.

I live in Honduras, Central America but there is no problem with internet buying, We here do it almost everyday... Our office have a Mailbox in Miami... So it will be Shipped to Miami and then here. No problem.

Please: Give me the Correct "Direct" Link to buy it inmediately, but I only want to Know Three things before buying:

1. Is that Kit designed exactly to fit on my EA82 Engine, also the Air Filter Box?
  2. Is that kit Complete? Because I live in Honduras and I don´t have time to wait for each part to come individually, I Need them All in one box.
  3. How is the Gas Mileage diference between the Stock Hitachi and the Weber?

Last Info: I need the "Electric Choke Version" Thanx a Lot :)