Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question about bigger wheels on my '85 BRAT (GL):

Hey Y'all, it's been a while since I've been here. Hope everyone's doing well... I could use some work, myself.

Question:

Why do we only talk about Pugeot wheels as alternatives to stock? Just wonderin'. - I've been deep into Miata's for a couple of years, and noticed that they have the same wheel stud spacing (4x100 IIRC), and I've seen options for them. For example 14" BBS's. And w/o looking more closely, I'd suspect 15" options for the 4x100 spacing. - So is it an offset issue?, or have people just not done it?

I'm just wondering if there are bigger wheels to run on my rig w/o having to do a 5-lug converstion... You know what I mean?

Thanks for any info.

-DaBrizat

Subaru and Peugeot wheels are 4x140. You can always drill out some old GM 6 lugs to fit the 4x140 too :) You can check out the wheels page link in the above toll bar "Subarus Of The 80s" and it'll show you all the wheels which are 4x140.

Noticed your in Madison too, you should really bring the Brat down to Waukesha or Milwaukee sometime as we all have meets. Desmond Jones has an '86 Brat with an EJ22 swap in it.

-Tom

We only talk about Peugeot rims because only peugeot rims have 4x140mm lugs like our Subarus.

Miatas with the 4x100 lugs will not work. Therefore we do not talk about them.

Right. Gotcha. I saw that after the post. Sorry. But that makes sense tho.

And the Pug's are 15" too, eh? I was thinking they were 14's.

As for Milwaukee meet(s), that'd be cool as I have family in the area and a kid @ UWM. But I've had the BRAT in storage for the past couple of years, mostly because we don't have the space for it and our DDs and all... But that would be cool tho.