Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4x140 wheel spacers

in an effort to gain overall track width I am looking for some 1/2" wheel spacers but I don't know where to start. Any one have any ideas?

Hmm. I have some spacers for a 6-lug setup. I found them at the junkyard. Here's what I think, since you haven't had any responses yet:

1) All you need are some round pieces of metal about the same size/shape as your hub.

2) 1/2" may be a pain to drill through, so you may want to work with 1/4" or something and just make 4. Maybe not, but it's an idea.

3) I'd do it the same as the 6-lug hub drilling trick. Drill a hole in your round piece of metal. Pound out 3 of the 4 studs out of a brake drum. Bolt the metal to the drum and line it up. Drill through the 3 holes of the drum where the studs were.

There are probably smarter ways of doing it, but that's how I would do it.

Good luck.

Jacob

Have a Machine shop make them all it would take is one six inch peice of bar stock (mild aka 8620,7230 or alum.) bore it to the id of the center of the hub and drill and contersink the 4x140 pattern on the rings you have made (same as making a pipe flange) then drill the bolt pattern of the wheel studs whatever you want it to be 5x100,4x100,chevy 6 lug any pattern that will fit inside the 6 inch od