Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FINALLY!! found the one I've been looking for.

obk25xt

And after

IMG_1853.jpg

Hey, where did you get that cup holder, and how is it attached? Does it work well?

I've been looking for a good solution for the cup-holder issue. For now, I've always just opened up the lid on the center console and stuck it in there... although it means you can't really keep anything else in it. :rolleyes:

As for the amber lights, I prefer the clear with the smaller amber indicator lense that came in the post '87 models over here.

Happen to have a picture of those, by chance?

PS - I've never seen a front bumper like that one with the indicators recessed into the bumper - or the high rise centre console.

My '92 Loyale (US market) has 'em both. I didn't know they were anything special. :)

Hey, where did you get that cup holder, and how is it attached? Does it work well?

I've been looking for a good solution for the cup-holder issue. For now, I've always just opened up the lid on the center console and stuck it in there... although it means you can't really keep anything else in it. :rolleyes:

Spillmaster Euro Jr. *The* answer to all your cupholder issues. It is fastened with a screw into the little coin holder slots.

• 3 months later...

OK! nother update.....

96 OBDII harness is done.

Frankenmotor is being built. (ej251 bottom end, phaseI 2.2 heads, Delta "torque" cams) I think 11.4:1 is the magic CR#.

Engine is 100% "new" (cyl. hone, undersize bearing journals, new rings/bearings, heads rebuilt w/valve grind/stem seals etc.).

I have an ACT streetlite flywheel, (the light one, 10.5 lbs I think?) new 2.5rs Exedy clutch kit, UEL stainless header, and phenolic manifold spacers.

Transmission ended up going a little different direction than originally planned..... Now it will be, a 95 WRX (hooray for JDM!) trans (for the guts), front OBX helical LSD, 4.44 r&p, all going into a pull style trans case. I have a CLSD for the rear diff (also 4.44... duh...).

For the suspension I still have skunkII sleeves over Nissan front struts and stock EA82 rear struts for the time being. This will have to do until I get a few miles on the new drivetrain. I will be installing the Megan fully adjustable coilovers as soon as I get a chance to.

"Ummm, hey Leroy, think this thing is gonna hookup?!?" :eek:

I am very very very excited for this thing to come to fruition. I've built this car 100 times over in my head and the daydream of driving it is just not enough anymore......

Oh.... This is gonna be good..... :cool:

Edited by obk25xt

• 1 month later...

Frankenmotor is built!

Including a fresh hone, undersized and polished crank, NEW rings and bearings, NEW STI oil pump, NEW water pump T-belt etc..... NEW 2.5RS Exedy clutch, ACT Streetlite flywheel.....

Transmission in the works......

More will be revealed.....

:banana::grin::slobber::headbang::clap::burnout:

:popcorn:

Today is my birthday.. So I went to pick n' pull! Got the hardware I needed to install the oil pump (STI), and water pump. And the bracket for the T-belt tensioner. Also picked up some of those rubber deals that go on the rear doors in front of the rear tires... From the GL10's....

Going outside to work on the engine right now......

Sweet, looking forward to getting the manifold on this thing. Still have a few hurdles to cross. Nothing major just parts sourcing. I picked up a 98 2.5RS ECU yesterday to manage things.....

Cams and rockers are installed. Oil and H2O pumps are installed. Need 1 more rocker bolt, musta lost one in GD's garage.

Ran into a clearance issue with my oil cooler today though. Seems that the header I just bought will interfere with the oil cooler. If it doesn't interfere, it will be dangerously close. I won't know 100% until I'm installing it in the car, there's no exhaust gaskets installed in the pics, so that may just be enough to create some clearance. Even if it will all fit, it just seems pretty counter-productive. Sure the coolant will slightly cool the oil, but the header will be really hot too, nearly 20-40% of the surface of the oil filter/cooler will be at a very close proximity to the header..... I'm not opposed to massaging the header with a hammer to clearance if I have to.

Guess if I HAVE to I can just lose the oil cooler, but I really don't want to.....

Thoughts???

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That sucks about the clearance issue. You might try making a small heat shield and putting a bit of heat wrap there, see how it holds up.

I'm gonna lose the H2o-to-oil cooler and run a small filter to start with. I will ultimately relocate the filter and most likely plumb in an air-to-oil cooler.... I've been slackin on this project a lil bit, focusing on my home lately. I need to get back on the soob though, I NEED MY WAGON BACK!!!!!

Edited by obk25xt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made some forward progress today. Changed my DOJ's back to 25 spline to work w/ the EJ trans. Installed a stock 4.11 legacy trans and matching open diff. This will have to suffice to get it on the road until my 4.44 trans is built and I get around to making a 4.44 CLSD diff. Put in the XT6 trans x-member w/ legacy center section which makes the EJ trans swap pretty straight forward. Took a measurement for my driveline. Still undecided on modifying my 2-piece or having a 1-piece made up. Also looked at linkage, kinda. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, still plenty to do before the linkage is holding me up.... :rolleyes:

Also, got some new wheels, I think the silver looks good. I usually am the guy who paints ALL wheels black, but after bout an hour of seeing these on there it grew on me and I think I'll live with it.... For a while anyhow....

And, the amber corners are gonna go, time for a slight facelift.

PICS!

Got it in the garage...

IMG_0554.jpg

Up on stands...

IMG_0559.jpg

Change DOJ's...

IMG_0561.jpg

XT6/Legacy trans x-member...

IMG_0562.jpg

4.11 trans installed...

IMG_0564.jpg

Back on all 4's with the 6 spokes...