Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FINALLY!! found the one I've been looking for.

obk25xt

That is by far the cleanest EA82 I've seen. Makes mine look like i went dumspter diving to find it lol :D Sweet build as well. I thought about doing the same to mine but its too far gone to put that kinda money into her. Maybe has another year left of safe road time left until strictly play toy. Beater or not, i love it to death and I'm sure youre gunna love yours

I've been pushing $$ across the table..... And being patient.... I know it's in the garage and that means it's that much closer to being on the road. I'm hopeful to be able to get a lil dry weather drive time, but we'll see...

Trust me, no one wants to see this done more than I do. I haven't driven a Subaru in over a year..... Almost makes me a lil sick.....

I know what you mean, I was hoping to get my swap started before the rain comes... we'll see. Just wondering how it was coming along and looking for some inspiration to get mine done/going.

Ben

• 1 month later...
Just a quick question for you, BTW the car looks GREAT! How did you lower it when it had the 4 lug suspension (before the 5 lug swap) ?

I put coilover sleeves over the stock struts. It is actually still on the same sleeves. I pulled them off a Honda Civic HB @ the local Pick & Pull, they are Skunk2 brand.....

I will install the "real" coilovers after I get the car back on the road. It actually handles quite well on the sleeves. I imagine it will handle fantastic on the real deal.....

Awesome looking car! Mine is the same color..if i ever do anything to it i'm gonna have to go with aluminum wheels! What a clean look these cars can have!

If i have a 2wd how do i convert the rear to 5 bolt???

And also where did you get the lip for the front valence???

• 4 weeks later...

Went and visited Rick's shop today. Tinkered a lil w/the car a lil, fixed a couple exhaust issues, installed a MAP sensor, and most importantly.... DROVE IT!!!!

Thing drives nice! Power is there thats for sure. I really miss that car.

There are a few things that need attention but it should be on the road in the next couple weeks, I'm hopeful.

• 1 month later...

Super long story... Super short version.....

The Frankenmotor burns oil, no bueno. It has been replaced with a STOCK 2.2 to get the car on the road while the issues with the 2.5 hybrid are sorted. I am hoping to be picking the car up on Sunday....

My fingers are crossed. This thing is really past due on all fronts..... If it makes it to 2013 before it is on the road it will have spanned 3 year ranges..... I started this damned project in early summer of 2011.......

Life can really get a hold of us sometimes....

Drove it home today! WOOHOO!! Almost hard to believe it myself. Still a few bugs to work out, but all in all it feels very good. I have to figure out another o2 sensor, and get it installed, and figure out how to get it through emissions testing to get tags on it... It is far from being DONE, but is ON THE ROAD, which is badass.....

It is a bone stock EJ22 for now, it does have an 11 lb ACT flywheel, and it revs very fast. I will have a good butt dyno comparison when I eventually get the Frankenmotor back in with the deltas etc.....

It is a bone stock EJ22 for now, it does have an 11 lb ACT flywheel, and it revs very fast. I will have a good butt dyno comparison when I eventually get the Frankenmotor back in with the deltas etc.....

Congrats! And good point about having a basis for comparison. Such a project is very very tempting.

Yay EJ is fun.. AWD is awesome in this thing... I am LOVING this car right now, I can't wait to get the lil thing's worked out...

I think the roofracks are coming off, what do YOU think??

Couple of pics from today, parked at work, nothing special....

IMG_1633_zps2ed9c532.jpgIMG_1634_zpsac85bb3d.jpg

Edited by obk25xt