Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FINALLY!! found the one I've been looking for.

obk25xt

Clutch fork went T.U. so I pulled the engine, which doesn't actually belong to me… MY engine is sitting on a cart in a shop somewhere disassembled for rings. Rather than put in another engine that doesn't belong to me, I will just wait and cross my fingers that mine gets built sometime…..

Still at GD's shop?

• Like 1

oh man ..... i just brought my car down to his shop. hopefully a little extra cash can persuade him to get it done asap

Lol, I was going to say something when you mentioned that in the other thread. I offered more money many times to get things moving, and it never made a difference. I hope it works out better for all you guys.

Not sure why, he says it will be done at a certain time and never is...Been playing that game since April. He said that he was going to be doing both yours and mine this weekend side by side...Hopefully he means it.

sweet . yeah i got the same impression that we was starting this weekend also . i just hope it takes the 3 to 5 days like he said it will . the mountain will be  starting to get snow and i dont have a way to get up, on top of not being able to dive anything other than my moms mini van hah. it should get done soon though

While I appreciate this thread staying up on the list, NONE of these posts are pertinent to this thread, AND I don't think this is the proper forum for where this is going…. There is a reason He is as busy as he is, and it is because of his knowledge/experience/skill/talent when it comes to these things. I mean look, we have people from all over the country sending parts and $$ to him BECAUSE he is so good at what he does. And not taking into account the walk-ins, call-ins, and random breakdowns that end up in his path from owning and running a shop. My personal business stays that way, and I have no one to get upset with, I take my business where I think it needs to be to get the results I want….

You get 2 but you can't have all 3….. Good, Fast, Cheap…….

Lets try and get this back on topic please…..

I hope to have this car untarped and back on the road sometime in the next few months… Til then I have 285whp and 323tq in my FXT to keep me smiling!!

Have a good day all…...

Edited by obk25xt
  • Like 4

Touche'. I do completely agree with everything that you just said.

On another note. DAMN! You dyno it? Before I ran my LGT into a telephone pole I had just hit 302whp and 295tq on stock turbo. 

No dyno…. I will get a pro tune pretty soon tho, those #'s are what cobb claims of their OTS map… There is an OTS map for a FXT w/ VF39/STI tmic/cobb down pipe, which happens to be EXACTLY what I just put on my car…… Its dangerously close to being 100% in-spec w/ an 04 STI in every aspect…. Only thing I'm missing is the lateral links, and front control arms at this point, AND it insures WAYYYYYYY cheaper ;)…..

Edited by obk25xt
  • Like 1

No dyno…. I will get a pro tune pretty soon tho, those #'s are what cobb claims of their OTS map… There is an OTS map for a FXT w/ VF39/STI tmic/cobb down pipe, which happens to be EXACTLY what I just put on my car…… Its dangerously close to being 100% in-spec w/ an 04 STI in every aspect…. Only thing I'm missing is the lateral links, and front control arms at this point, AND it insures WAYYYYYYY cheaper ;)…..

I actually installed an 04 STi ECU in mine, along with the STi intercooler, and VF39, and turbo back and used the AP to tune for STi stage 2, which claims for even more power.

I actually installed an 04 STi ECU in mine, along with the STi intercooler, and VF39, and turbo back and used the AP to tune for STi stage 2, which claims for even more power.

Yeah, thought about going that route as well, BUT, then I gotta source the ECU, and buy it. That is $$ i could spend on a tune, I will most likely end up ditching the AP and just get a hard tune on the ECU. I'm also considering upgrading the injectors which also requires a pro tune. Sooooo I see buying the 04 STI ECU kinda pointless for my goals... 

Yeah, thought about going that route as well, BUT, then I gotta source the ECU, and buy it. That is $$ i could spend on a tune, I will most likely end up ditching the AP and just get a hard tune on the ECU. I'm also considering upgrading the injectors which also requires a pro tune. Sooooo I see buying the 04 STI ECU kinda pointless for my goals... 

Yep, if you can get a protune somewhat locally, it's definitely better to go that route. The nearest tuner to me is a few hours away, and I rarely make it further than 30 minutes from home lol

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...