Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Track Car

meeandmine

I know how popular these cars are for off road racing but what about on road? There was a blue rx at richie's place that looked like it was ready to hit PIR. Why aren't more people making they're cars capable of smoking all the honda's and miata's on the road course? I'm not talking about STi's and WRX's I'd like to see a RX like the blue one mentioned above, or a 90-94 legacy. Anyone have one of these?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been told by a well versed tuner that with cams and ecu tuning (stand alone probably) 160 hp can be made more if you want to get nuts. The heads apparently are the bottle neck they run out of breath. I imagine a good port and polish job can fix that.

Edited by vagen

• 3 weeks later...

Often you ditch the interior and then end up putting in a roll cage that weighs more than the interior you removed.

Race seats can be had that are significantly lighter than stock seats, removing the passenger seat for another one, and removing the entire back seat adds up. Door panels, stereo, speakers and even removing cruise control can add up too.

• 2 months later...
From what I have read you can put 02-03 WRX struts on first gen Legacies.

I'm sure there's more you can do, just search around, there have been many threads about it.

Twitch

I can verify that sti struts will fit into a '95 lego without mods. It lowered my car about 1.5 inches and drastically improved the handling characteristics of the car even though it is a wagon. Anyways, I've noticed that Subaru has a habit of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."