Ultimate Subaru Message Board

$150 EA Series Front and Rear Bumper (EDIT)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ordered a rear for mine! Can't wait to see it in person.

In person, better than wildest expectations. I am going to add a few more coats of paint but of no flaw in build or the fabricators, mostly my method of unpacking scratched it a little. Will be installing next week.

• 2 weeks later...
In person, better than wildest expectations. I am going to add a few more coats of paint but of no flaw in build or the fabricators, mostly my method of unpacking scratched it a little. Will be installing next week.

Lets see some pics of the rear bumper. I'm thinking of getting one with the tire mount but using the mount for a Jerry Can instead.

Thanks for those links! The bumper looks great with the gaps filled in! I saw the pic on your website but it doesn't show the whole tire mount, just curious on how it all looks for fitment of a jerry can. Also how much for the bumper and the rear tire mount? Could I drive down to Coburg and pick it up/pay in cash in person? I'm just outside of Portland. Thanks!

Edited by cmiller

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have any pics of the TUBE style rear bumper?

my factory bumper is toasted. they are crappy anyhow, like a recycled beer can or something.

the box bumper looks awesome, just toooo.....

heavy for my taste. im a rally man, not a crawler.

more like pooparus rear bumper, maybe. lean and mean and slim.

again, im not saying its BETTER than yours, just more to MY brats style.

a tough daily driver with some hair on its grapes. not a full on cliffhanger and mississippi river wader.

so if you or anyone on here could let me see a couple pics of the tube style rear you mentioned, id love it.

p.s. your website doesnt mention lifts anymore. do you still make em?

anyone have any pics of the TUBE style rear bumper?

my factory bumper is toasted. they are crappy anyhow, like a recycled beer can or something.

the box bumper looks awesome, just toooo.....

heavy for my taste. im a rally man, not a crawler.

more like pooparus rear bumper, maybe. lean and mean and slim.

again, im not saying its BETTER than yours, just more to MY brats style.

a tough daily driver with some hair on its grapes. not a full on cliffhanger and mississippi river wader.

so if you or anyone on here could let me see a couple pics of the tube style rear you mentioned, id love it.

p.s. your website doesnt mention lifts anymore. do you still make em?

We still make lifts, we haven't really got a price on them.

As for a tube bumper, you have any pics?

just like mudrats design. but less expeeeensive. heh...

anyhow i just asked you because you mentioned a few months ago that you plan to make a tube style rear bumper. maybe it was THIS thread, i forget.

id post a pic of the one i had in mind. seems rude though. im already asking his competitor to make me a product of his design. posting up photos i assume you are already familiar with, that seems a bit much, you know? thats just my take on it.

also have a question about the lifts.

if i go minimal, like 2", does that affect the steering column? camber? brake lines? i dont want it real tall. im a rally man, not a crawler. good center of balance and being able to take a gravel road curve at 30 or even 40 is MY excitement.

also, on a side note, no rush, but i am definately excited to see what your skid plates end up like. mine is strong but really cheap and heavy mild-steel plate.

i had thought about aluminum diamond plate cut off a junkyard truck bed-box.

weak but easily and cheaply replaceable. but if you make some nice ones i will probably line up to get one.

also have a question about the lifts.

if i go minimal, like 2", does that affect the steering column? camber? brake lines? i dont want it real tall. im a rally man, not a crawler. good center of balance and being able to take a gravel road curve at 30 or even 40 is MY excitement.

If you space everything 2" like I do with the 4" lift, it won't affect anything like camber. The brake lines may need to be removed from the strut and relocated. In the rear I add a 4" extension to the line or replace the last metal piece with a longer one.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to buy a spare tire swing gate that attached to the passenger side of the bumper. Also thinking if it would be possible to have another half jerry can mount attached to it just like the one you made for me on the drivers side of the bumper. Would there be enough room with a 195 R14 spare tire and a half jerry can all on the same swing gate? I have a friend that can weld it on for me up here. Let me know if you can get one together for me and how much. Please call me if you have any questions. Thanks!

• 4 years later...

That's right. This bumper 8398702_orig.jpg

without the spare tire holder for $150. EA81 and EA82 Wagons Only.D-rings and hitch included. Shipping not included.

And this bumper is $150 too...

7287584_orig.jpg?7525102?2355096

Call this Head Trauma, inc's version of a stimulus package. I want to get my product out there. We could make arrangements for pickup at WCSS. Half paid on order and half payment upon shipping is doable. Private message orders to me.

will these bumpers fit a 81 subuaru gl 4wd 2door?

• 4 weeks later...