Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ALL EAST COASTERS! Carlisle, Pa meet 5/21-23. UPDATE!

UPDATE 3/10/04

Scott (subarubrat) has stepped up to the plate to make some stuff happen for this meet. he and i will be working closely to make our subaru section as interesting as possible....thanks Scott.

in case you havent seen his post in this thread, it is very important for everybody to register before hand to insure a plot at the fairgrounds. we are working on a tight schedule for this but we're going to do everything we can to make this meet one to be talked about, and one to be remembered.

see you guys in carlisle,

D

as promised, here is the thread for the Carlisle import/kit car show...please dont confuse this with the sport compact shootout that was squashed after last year.

this event will be held in Carlisle, Pa at the Carlisle Fairgrounds, roughly 1.5 hours from Philadelphia.

we have just over 3 months to hammer out the details, anyone who thinks they might be able to make it - TRY. last years subaru turn out was a joke with only 3 subarus on display...if we can get 25 cars there this year, they designate us a "subaru section" and a few have offered to cook some food for all who show.

heres what the list of board members looks like so far:

probably...

moosens

OHNoah

benebob

hocrest

mr whirly

wagon78

subarubrat

MeekyMoose

cole098

gravelRX

Akira

Stupidru

Kecksnext

Rally Keith

RallynutDon

ScotTM

scoobie steve

maybe:

Legacy T

Skip

WagonsOnly

Oobnuker

i will keep the list updated to keep track of those confirmed and those who want to drop off the list...see you guys in may.

the official website can be found here and the schedule of events here

heres a quote from the website:

Join us for one of the largest vintage import swap meets and new kit/replicar manufacturers' display in the nation. The show field features vintage and newer-model imports, kit and replica vehicles, with a car corral, new kit manufacturers and vintage import swap meet.

The import swap meet and kit manufacturers' areas provide a huge variety of parts, supplies, body components and memorabilia, all in one convenient location. Kit/replicar and specialty car manufacturers will have their newest models available to touch, compare and even test drive.

thanks for the sticky mods...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to make an appeal to the owners/mods of the board to make this a sticky here in the "main" forum. While the majority of the board is located in the west and northwest the numbers here are much lower and to get a high attendance turn out we will need all the publicity and visability we can get. I hope that it is reasonable to ask for this sticky to help us reach the sort of attendance and membership that other areas enjoy.

I am going to be there for sure with the BRAT and since it will have the new body/paint job done I might just enter it in a few catagories.

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT

I spoke at length with the carslile show opperators and folks if we are going to do this as a club parked together at the same tent rather than rag tag scattered all over the place we need to translate intent into action!

The key to this is registration and more registration. If we get 25 paid registrations by the 30th of April we have a club and a tent. If we fall short we don't. Registration is only $15 dollars and can be done over the web. This gets your car and two people in for the whole weekend, kids are free. When you register use the club name Ultimate Subaru.

Dennis and I are taking the workload of making this happen so all you have to do is get registered and let us know so we can track it. Just follow the below link and we can make this happen in a professional and BIG way. I got my registration done yesterday, make yours happen today!

OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND STATUS PAGE FOR CARSLILE

http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm