Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ALL EAST COASTERS! Carlisle, Pa meet 5/21-23. UPDATE!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should post this some other place but I might as well post it here...heh...but today...for the first time ever...I saw a Brat in person...I was behind one on my way home from my girlfriends.

Anyways, a list should be made of what kind of car everyone is bringing. That'd be cool. :D

It's really good to see you guys made the count. I'm attending with my other club(Speedsterowners.com) and if reeeally needed I would have signed in my Outback. But the only problem would be driving two cars. Stop by the Speedster area to check out a freshly built Red Speedster with a 2.2 Suby motor shoehorned in it. I know I can't wait to see that.

Cheers :drunk:

Dr. F

I've been coming to Carilisle for the past couple of years. My Fiat buddies talked me into it.

In 2002 I drove my Fiat Spider but because of the crappy weather that year I drove my Baja in 2003. Good thing because the weather was worse this year. I can't imagine it getting any worse this year.

I was parked in the "Asian" category so I was located directly behind from my Italian car bretheren.

I saw a few other Subarus there as well. Funny that the XT parked next to me had "Triumph club of America" on their registration plate. While I had "Fiat Lancia Unlimited" on mine. I guess he had the same idea in mind.

So I'll suppose I'll be in the Baja again this year.

Despite the crappy weather I always have a great time. Every year I bring heavier clothing. The first year all I brought was a pair of jeans, some tee shirts and a lightweight jacket. After all it is May right?

The drive up Thursday was great but Saturday and Sunday was like winter.

Last year the heavy army jacket wasn't enough. So this year if you see a guy walking around in insulated deer hunting coveralls wearing a Russian fur hat, driving a yellow Baja say hello. It will most likely be me.

How many people are heading north on I-81? I live in Kingsport TN. I saw someone from Roanoke mentioned somewhere. Most likely I'll be leaving around noon on Thursday and spending the night in Hagerstown then setting up camp on Friday.

I wish they would build a better shower facility. You would think with the amount of campers they have, they would have more that three showers. They need to spend some of that money they are racking in and build a better bathhouse.

I was trying to dry my hair and brush my teeth and people coming in to use the bathroom acted like I was in their way.

Ok, Skip and I are gonna do a convoy. We are meeting at the enterece ramp to the Turnpike at New Stanton at 6:30am on Saturday morning. We hope to arrive at Carlisle around 9 - 10am on Saturday morning. If anyone else wants in on this shoot me an email or PM me.

My reg. # is 3459

gonna be part of the "VA Convoy" going from Scotts in North VA in my desert camo 6 inch lifted brat with 30x9.50 tires on it.. gonna be camping and talking with some dudes about sharing a site..I will be bringing my son with me (3 years old)..

trying to talk my buddy bill into going.. he has a MINT 83 pretty blue brat with a 4inch lift on it, 14inch Alloy Puegot rims and nice BFGoodrich tires on it.. it is pretty as hell.

anyways.. just updating here.

thanks.

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

I'm home from work at 9:30 AM and can leave probably by 11:00 or so. Anyone close to Manassas VA let me know, best way to get to RT 15 is through the Battlefield up 234 and take 15 all the way through Gettysburg and then points beyond to Carlisle......that's the way I was gonna go......The closer you get to late afternoon traffic up there on a Friday the worse it's gonna get.Just a thought....Going through Leesburg is a pain in the butt but once you cross the Potomac it's a great cruise