Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It sounds to me the tech did a good job but there may be a problem with a headgasket. It sure sounds like it at least. I would have him look at it again and check for any exhaust gases in the coolant.

What does the blinking AT Oil Temp mean?

I think that means there is a trouble code for the transmission. You should first talk with the tech about what is going on if you have to drive it a long ways to get it to him so you won't possibly damage the transmission.

Edited by Cougar

I think that means there is a trouble code for the transmission. You should first talk with the tech about what is going on if you have to drive it a long ways to get it to him so you won't possibly damage the transmission.

I'm putting it on a flatbed truck just to be on the safe side. (Already had the transmission rebuilt once) don't need to do it again :)

I'm putting it on a flatbed truck just to be on the safe side. (Already had the transmission rebuilt once) don't need to do it again :)

I thought about doing a chemical test on the coolant but I also remember my subaru guy saying that doing a chemical test on the coolant in a 2.5 is useless because it will always show up positive whether there is a head gasket issue or not. He said there was a subaru bulletin sent out about that.

Although I'm not sure what the story is on the H6 and this test, whether it will always show up positive like the 2.5?

The transmission has trans fluid cooler lines which run to the radiator in this vehicle, yes? Perhaps when the tech was replacing the radiator he created a trans fluid leak or forgot to top off the trans fluid.

I don't know about the engine overheating issue though, unless the new radiator has a coolant >atf leak, perish the thought.

I find it pretty amusing that all 2.5s supposedly fail the chemical HG leak test. I wonder what the reason for that is? Perhaps all the HGs leak ever so slightly? :)