Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Performance Parts for 2000 Impreza RS

ghosttrider91

I just got a 2000 Impreza RS and I want to speed it up a little bit, but I'm not sure what I need to do to it. Any suggestions???

Here's what I'd do:

1) Decide on what you want to do with the car.

2) Decide on how much money you want to spend.

3) Look at the stickies in the Naturally Aspirated forum on nasioc.com. There's a good power white paper there.

4) Search both here and NASIOC for answers to your questions.

Most people at NASIOC will tell you that if you're serious about power, especially power/$ spent, then sell your car and get a WRX. Whether that's best for you depends mainly on #1 and #2 above. Some people here have/had NA Imprezas with decent power that were modified to fit #1 subject to the constraint of #2.

Jacob

I appreciate it man...and about the money thing, I'm in college so its kinda hard to go buy a WRX (even though i would love the new STI). I guess I would say that I am just looking for a couple parts I could add along the way like chips or cold air intakes...probably about a couple hundred dollars each

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate it man...and about the money thing, I'm in college so its kinda hard to go buy a WRX (even though i would love the new STI). I guess I would say that I am just looking for a couple parts I could add along the way like chips or cold air intakes...probably about a couple hundred dollars each

When I was in college, I would have killed to have a car like yours. I recommend that you be happy that you have a relatively cool car and wait to get power until you can afford it. Instead of wasting money trying to make my POS faster, I finished school, got a master's degree, and bought an STI.

If you're not going to listen to that advice, then go onto NASIOC.com and rs25.com. NASIOC has the NA power white paper in their NA section which you should read. It covers almost everything you can do to that engine.

The basic idea, though, is that it costs a lot of money to make power. Also, do you really want to be without a car for a week or two if something fails? What if you have some parts off the car and something breaks/doesn't fit?

Finally, with a car like that, the thing that's keeping it from being faster is almost always the driver. One racing school or track day or something will make you way faster than anything you could do to the car for that price. Also, after that, maybe you'd know what direction to go with your car on your own.

I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but I hope that helps.

Jacob