Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at those same wheels on tirerack. I like the gunmetal, but I wasn't sure how it would look on my white car. Yours is more the right color for those, but then you might end up with two shades of grey that don't work together.

true.. but I was thinking next year when I paint my car flat black it will look even better.

not a bad price and I need wheels and tires now since I've got a slow leak anyways..

Not if you match the tire size. Tirerack is good at suggesting tires that closely match the original size.

You can pick your own size and see how it compares here: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

So from that link it will read 2.8% slower so if I was going 60 mph I'm really going 61.7 mph.

it's not like the speedo is 100% right the faster you go anyways.

remember I'm moving up from the stockers to 205/55/16

Ohh yeah extra money in my paycheck for tomorrow going to place the order for the wheels :) Can't blow everything at once since vacation time :)

Edited by 1-3-2-4

LOL want to hear a funny story.. I was coming back from N.C. and I stopped at a gas station and one of the workers walked up to my car with a spray can.. so I'm thinking oh god what is this?? and the guy was trying to sell me wheel a wheel cleaner in a can.. So he points to my wheels (they have covers on them) and he was like man they look pretty bad this will fix them right up lol I was like no thanks.. that's plastic man...

And I was off.

I will grab some shots of that rotor that I know darn well has to be down way more then the min thickness... the pad must have nothing left.. they must of picked the cheapest pads without the wear indicators.

Hey going from 14" wheel to 16 wont my speedo show slower right? plus my gearing would take a hit right? (5 speed) 95 legacy

when you get around to buying tires, 205/50/16 is the stock size for the 97 GT which is about the same diameter as the stock 95 lego, 185/70/14. the GT is about 1/8" smaller in diameter, which is about 3/8" in circumference.

that's less than 1%, not enough for you to notice.

when you get around to buying tires, 205/50/16 is the stock size for the 97 GT which is about the same diameter as the stock 95 lego, 185/70/14. the GT is about 1/8" smaller in diameter, which is about 3/8" in circumference.

that's less than 1%, not enough for you to notice.

yeah I did not think it would be that off anyways

*edit

should I paint my calipers? since it will be painted black I was thinking red but I don't want it to look too overly flashy or ricey.

Edited by 1-3-2-4

I don't think that can stand the heat of a caliper.. a wheel yes but anything over 200F it's giving warnings.

I dunno, I repaint my hub and calipers with just cheep semi-gloss black from time to time and it doesn't flake or burn off. Starts to rust after a year of salt.

they went nuts here salting last year :(

I think they did so and also tore the roads up with the plow trucks because they knew they would be getting money from the government to repave a lot of roads here

OMG! same thing here.. Its construction all over Waukesha and Milwaukee.