Ultimate Subaru Message Board

digital tire pressure.

1-3-2-4

Anyone know of a good one?

I have a Campbell Hausfeld AU1102 that I got from walmart about 2 years ago.. what I hate about it is one reading shows one pressure (most of the time low) then I check it again without adding anymore air and now it's like 5-10 lbs higher which drives me nuts...

I'm thinking about going back to a mechanical gauge.

I like the mechanical gauges with a dial gauge on them. I've got a couple of them with magnets that I have stuck around the shop. Much more accurate than the old stick style.

I haven't used the digitals but upgradeing to the dial gauges was a big improvement for me. I don't need another battery powered device in the shop - I have enough flashlights and head-lamps and such as it is :rolleyes:

GD

I just pickup the $3 one's that advertise that "Slime" tire sealant. They are small and have a magnet on the stem - I stick them to my tool box and rolling cart so they are handy.

Not a big $ item but I wouldn't really want an expensive one that I might lose or break. I just look for something easy to read with a metal casing and a decent magnet that's not going to fall off my box.

Huge improvement over the pen style one's though and well worth having a couple of them so you can always locate one.

If I did a lot of tire work I would pickup a high-quality inflation chuck with a built in pressure indicator. But it's not on the top of my list.

GD

Tried checking my pressure for S&G with the pen style and guess what happened...yup the gauge thing shot out of the top and snapped. Now I guess it is DEF time for a new one, and those SLIME ones where what I had in mind, saw them at Wal Mart when getting some bike tubes about a week ago......TWILIGHT ZONE...whuuuu whuuu whuuuo. (Awesome sound effect from the tv show)

-Nomad