Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Based Buggies , lets build a few

Scott in Bellingham

I would definitely do this if the following things could be accomplished (pretty easy stuff) :

- keep it legal for road use (throw on some LED turn signals, brake lights, etc)

- Keep it highway driveable (easy)

- make a flip-down windshield for off-road use

- 4 seats!

I would totally sacrifice a EA82 car for that if I could keep driving it on the street...

what are you doin in the spring?:grin:find a car.i'll offer my skills.cheers. brian

what are you doin in the spring?:grin:find a car.i'll offer my skills.cheers. brian

I have a beat-to-heck Loyale that's eagerly awaiting a transformation like this... let's do it.

Only thing is...that much tube has to be spendy! :-\

And I have no welding or tube bending skills...(or equipment) - but by the looks of your recent projects, you sure as heck do! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to make a bunch of Subaru based buggies , basically take one Doner car a EA81 or EA82 , make a light steel framework of tubing, add all the Stock subaru components , add some fiberglass panels and or steel or aluminum panels, we could use my shop , if I had say 3-5 guys that could dedicate 1 or 2 nights a week we could design and build them in a batch , would need money up front to buy all the supplies, you provide your own Doner car, my personal favorite would be a EA82 with dual range and add a EJ22

something like these, that you guys think? anyone in NW WA that would be interested ?

Rhn-HummbugPD.jpg

Rhn-Bandit.jpg

Rhn-Bandit4.jpg

Been there done that!

My Buggy is a modified version of the two pics above.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/album.php?albumid=54

Subarus make a great starting point for buggies!

• 3 weeks later...
I have a really nice subaru buggy that well put together. for some reason my computer wont load the pics to this site but if anyone wants some specs send a PM for contact info and ill get you some pics via email. u can kinda see it in my avatar.

You have to use photobucket or picasa or flickr or some photo hosting site and paste the pics url to get pics here.

• 2 weeks later...