Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clear corner lenses, custom tail lights, Etc....

sub_speed_559

I couldn't think of the forum to put this in so i guess this will work....

I have just invested in a vacuum molding form machine so i am going to be experimenting with some custom pieces in the next few weeks here and possibly i will be making replica/custom peices that can feature custom logos, words, simple designs and lots more.....one of my main goals is to make a custom set of headlights using various "borrowed" parts from other cars, but i am going to start making the custom clear (or amber, red, etc) corner lenses and various other lenses for our cars since the aftermarket community has neglected us so much. :grin: I will upload some pix of the progress of the headlights and various other lenses that i am going to mess with (led tail lights and lots of other goodies in mind)......if anyone is interested let me know......i don't know how much it will be and how they will turn out at the moment but updates coming soon....

Depending on how big your machine is, there is demand for dash caps.

Coverlay used to make them for Gen1's and, I would assume, Gen2's. They were relatively thin ABS and they made dashes look brand spankin' new.

-Ben

+1 This will probably be the most lucrative part you could make. Everyone fears a cracked dash and unless you have divine intervention, everyone will need one at some point. Customers for custom brake lights might be a little more scarce.

Just my .02 cents.

I just have to say......You are on the right track. If you can make molds of older and current models you will end up in the black (green)! Even the 2002 models need new headlamp covers soon as people will be buffing through them in a short few years or so. Its a great business model you should take advantage of now.