Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whiteline Front Endlinks

snowscooby

I was a little dissapointed with whiteline's front endlink setup for my 1997 Impreza L (2.2l). I had them paired with a rallitek front sway bar and had horrible problems with the bushings on the endlink coming out. Had to order a new bush kit and ended up fixing it with my own bolts and extra washers so that the bushings couldn't come out of the housing. Once they were fixed they worked great.

G’day everyone,

Hope you don’t mind us popping in but we were just told about this thread and thought we might be able to help.

Snowscooby, sorry to hear your disappointment but it looks like you've got yourself sorted out in the end. However, we like to make sure that we learn from this stuff and make sure we're doping out best.

Can you tell me if you received instructions with the KLC kit when you bought it?

Did the kit contents look like the image here?

Please let us know so we can follow through as this should have been a straightforward fit up on your application.

Cheers

Whiteline Jim

http://www.whiteline.com.au

Did you get the garbage ones made from bent rod stock, or the super nice machined alloy ones? I can see the problems you describe coming from the original style (bent rod) but not from the newer version.

Those bent rod versions look so cheesy When i buy mine I was just going to get the alloy version.. speaking of that what place has the best price for front and rear?

I fit these to my car, GC8 Impreza along with Whiteline swaybars. Front and rear, no problems. Love the setup:)

I have noticed that KartBoy / Perrin list a washer kit for using with Whiteline swaybars, so it might seem that Whiteline bars are a smidgen shorter than Perrin...and apparently Rallitek.

http://www2.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16185&cat=0&bestseller=Y

G’day everyone,

Snowscooby, sounds like everything’s OK now, glad you’ve got it sorted.

1-3-2-4, the spring steel versions do look a little out of place compared with the current versions out on the market including our own options. I guess being old enough to remember designing these, back in 1998 they were the first heavy duty link for the WRX on the market at the time. They were then joined by the gold alloy option, then the solid spherical race version was released and now we have the ball/ball style hybrid.

Anyway, the market has since responded with lots of options for the consumer so the choice is now very wide. The steel ones are quite economical and still sell quite well in some markets.

Setright, that’s an interesting point. We design all out parts to fit with stock or OE parts first. That is, they have to mate with the standard bits first and foremost. I’m not sure what other brands do but I would be confident that our links will and bars will fit with stock bars and links but its hard for us to keep track of other aftermarket brand fitment.

Anyway, hope that helps and look forward to more feedback.

Cheers

Whiteline Jim

jim@whiteline.com.au