Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok what we have here is "DTC P0106: PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE PROBLEM (PS-R)"

Hm I haven't seen this one in a while. Thinking back I believe this can have something to do with some of the lines/filter being plugged and those pesky metal EGR tubes that run under the throttle. I have some pics let me check.

I can't find the picture I want. Basically it's check all the hoses and lines associated with that pressure sources switching solenoid on the RH / passenger strut tower. There is a little round plastic filter in that line that sometimes gets plugged up but I don't think this is the code it causes. Also the procedure shows the wiring or the solenoid could be bad.

I can't find the picture I want. Basically it's check all the hoses and lines associated with that pressure sources switching solenoid on the RH / passenger strut tower. There is a little round plastic filter in that line that sometimes gets plugged up but I don't think this is the code it causes. Also the procedure shows the wiring or the solenoid could be bad.

Thanks Porc

I'll check it out. I cleared the code but came back 3 days later

Not sure where to get that filter except dealer...anyone ever blow it out without damaging it

The times that I've seen that little tiny filter cause an issue it gave an EGR code though I don't recall which one. $7 from Subaru at the online prices last I bought one.

Pressure sensor - isn't that the little doodad (sorry i couldn't resist) located on the passengers side strut tower? Might check that there's no vacuum leak or hose disconnected, not seated properly. Maybe changing an air filter could bump it and throw it?

if you scroll down to the bottom left of this current page without clicking on anything you'll see a whole list of similar threads. looks like most are vacuum leaks/related. for instance this is one that's listed:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100499

looks like that list or a quick search will probably give you a lot to work with and hopefully it's as simple as the couple i scanned.

I had this same code. It went away on its own after about a year. :lol: Been gone for about 4 or 5 weeks now. Bugged me the whole time.

Brand new vacuum hoses, swapped in 2 different MAP sensors, 1 different switching solenoid, and checked everything I could out of the FSM dealing with that particular code. Nothing changed it. Still have no idea what made it come on, or what made it go away. :confused:

But the basics are the easiest to check first. Vacuum hoses. Then breaks in the wiring at or near the sensor.