Ultimate Subaru Message Board

something's not right here...

mcbrat

Excellent. My first reaction to your first post was that you need an incline-o-meter in there. looks like you've even modified it to read more angle than stock (stock, it stops at about 30 degrees).

here's the one in my buddy's 4Runner a few years ago up at the offroad park:

PICT3862.jpg

not sure on the Tercel, but I know late '80s pickups/4Runners in SR5 trim had them.

it rained the whole day Saturday, so I didn't put my half door on, and the landowner shut down the trails. WE got to go out on Sunday though. and Friday night if you got there early and didn't have electrical problems :( . The rock slider saved the door this time. it seriously does not have any dents in it...

here's all the pics :)

http://www.indysworld.com/ci4wi/2010/pics/castana-2010.html

• 2 weeks later...
Nice landing for sure. Is Indy in the passenger seat laughing?

he was. I pushed him up and out through his window before they startng taking pictures... then after they were all done with pictures they decided to help me :) get back level. pulled me backwards until I leveled it out, then I got past the stump that cause me to get off-center in the first place... then I got to the end of the trail, where 2 more stumps were in the way of me keeping it straddled, and I did the slow tip again as my gummed up wheels slid down the bank... the ranger behind me tried, but couldn't get up it. too narrow as well...

is your brat FI?

no, it's not... yet.... I have all the stuff, but the question was put to me in this form... "If you can get into the predicaments you already do with the weber, and gearing isn't an issue, is it necessary? :lol:

For the most part now, the only reason it quits on me is if I don't get the clutch pushed in quick enough :) . with the flexi suspension, the body/engine actually stays more level now than it did before... plus I did the "offroad" adjustment to the float for angles, and there were times that I got it started that I was very suprised it started... I think the bigger issue now, is making sure the oil is flowing properly :)