Ultimate Subaru Message Board

who makes ea82 lift kits?

True2Blue

other then scott? i dont currently have the tools to make one myself or else i would :rolleyes:

i dont wanna pay $800! for a 6" lift kit on a $250 car and theres this:

"steering shaft must be lengthened (not offered by SJR)"

im expecting scott to be my only option but this is my attempt to find cheaper kit....

Thanks bison

for everyone else:

6" lifts for Loyale/EA82/3rd gen L-series are $500 plus shipping, 6" for EA81/Brat/Hatch/2nd gen L-series are $450 plus shipping."

that $300 difference leaves enough money to buy a ej to ea adapter plate and flywheel :headbang:

Bill get ahold of me. (it wont let me pm you)

Bill doesnt have internet right now, best way to get ahold oh him is to call.

509-391-5903

I head down to his place often (my Brat is down there right now) so if your interested i can give him a heads up, but id say give him a call too.

He makes great stuff by the way :grin:

-Andy

Unless people would like to spend the extra $300 to have SJR cut into every piece of their lift kit. :rolleyes:

ahh to be young and know everything.

The SJR lift is an amazing piece of design work, which takes into account steering geometry and is a top notch quality piece of kit. It builds on an existing lift kit that was made over 10 years ago, improves strength, ties weak mounting points together and is by far the best kit available right now.

Engineering is simply taking something that is heavy and strong and making it as light weight as possible while maintaining the strength necessary for it to perform to expectations, sure the "bring it and we'll build it" kits are solid, but the extra weight of the kit is a liability and not an advantage.