Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 gun rack

That would depend on the quality of the rack and your SKS. If you have the plastic, carbon fiber or folding stock, then I'd say it'll probably be ok. However, if you're using the original stock, added a bayonet, scope, laser sight, 100 round clip, bipod mount, flash supressor, kitchen sink and garden gnomes, I'd say no. :lol: It really depends on the quality of the rack. That one looks sturdy, but until you have it in your hands, you never know if the mounting components are lightweight, cheesy plastic or Chinese pot metal.

The EA cars are so easy to break into, you wouldn't have your SKS for long.

The wagons have such nice storage under the carpet in the back, better, safer and smarter.

The last thing you need is to get your gun stolen and used in a crime, keep guns in the hands of legal owners and keep it out of sight. Unless of course you're in your early 20's and want to look cool. :rolleyes:

Unless of course you're in your early 20's and want to look cool. :rolleyes:

Hey!! I resembled that remark.

I had a gun rack in the right rear window area my 88 wagon. I used it for fishing poles and a hiking stick for the most part.

It was just a universal one that sticks into the window molding.

It worked fine and held up a very heavy .17HMR and a hunting rifle at the same time.

I would have to tighten up occasionally though.

It was also easily removable.

The EA cars are so easy to break into, you wouldn't have your SKS for long.

The wagons have such nice storage under the carpet in the back, better, safer and smarter.

The last thing you need is to get your gun stolen and used in a crime, keep guns in the hands of legal owners and keep it out of sight. Unless of course you're in your early 20's and want to look cool. :rolleyes:

Never have my rifle in my car if im not in it, i dont take it to run erands in town. only time im using a gun rack is when im mobbing in the woods or chasin down big mulies so theft is not an issue.

In that case, I don't think it would be strong enough, it may hold on the street, but if you head offroad the bouncing may be too much for the rack.

You might be able to attach hooks to the back of the rear seat and mount it there, and rig up a way to pull the seats down quick to get to the deer gun faster.

Was thinking of gun rack ideas for my ea82 wagon build, came across http://www.discountramps.com/car-pet-barriers.htm, Anyone have experiance with any of these things in an ea82, think it would be strong enough to suspend an SKS? Anony homemade builds of similar type? Think it would be slick looking lol:Flame:

I'd say yes. It looks like it uses a tension system to hold the legs in place. I'm pretty sure that it will hold the weight of an SKS, Tapco, ATI, or original stock. I own one(SKS). I know.

-Patrick

omg, yeah, just what I need when the Sheriff pulls me over for doing 5 over the speed limit... :rolleyes:

Haha, why would they pull YOU over for having a mounted gun when they could go get the OTHER guy for having his high beams on and passing you when youre doing 5 over already? Surely they would make the better choice by ticketing the high speed high beam driver :lol: