Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all I have a 2004 subaru legacy and the front driver and passenger side seat bolts and brackets are rusty and I cleaned them up as best as I could, I did call my local subaru dealer and they said it was commom from all the weather elements from getting in and out of the car, I did ask them if they have had any cases of them snapping or breaking and they said no, that makes me feel better there at least, so I would appreciate and comments or tips on this, cause it still bothers me and to me looks awful, I do want to replace the brackets and bolts, but that might be a cost issue there, so please let me know waht anyone thinks, thanks!

it's not a flood - sounds like typical rust belt stuff. i've seen newer stuff do this seemingly prematurealy as well. those bolts are prone to rust. there's no integrity issue at all.

if you really want to do something about it, do it sooner rather than later. i've seen those bolts shear off but i'd imagine you've got some time, the threads need to be rusted good for that.

my 02 OBW's were rusted good. i seem to recall one wouldn't even thread back in properly.