Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SMJ connector

Txakura

i take the smj connector out and just solder the wires im using much cleaner and easier to install.also not that many to solder

Yeah, but he should still pull it and the rest of the harness that is attached to the Grey one. The White one is not needed, Looks like the white one in the picture is waht he was asking about.

In case you haven't gotten it yet, Don't forget the wiring that runs though the firewall to the ignitor and the Crank/Cam/Knock sensors.

I had thought they would be spliced into the EA, tempted to dike them off at floor level - but I'll follow it to the end... can't be any worse than pulling that dash and heater core out of the way to chase everything else.

I'm overdoing the pull, to have everything I could possibly need, even though I know most of it will be scrapped. A lot easier to sort on the bench after the fact...

Yeah, but he should still pull it and the rest of the harness that is attached to the Grey one. The White one is not needed, Looks like the white one in the picture is waht he was asking about.

In case you haven't gotten it yet, Don't forget the wiring that runs though the firewall to the ignitor and the Crank/Cam/Knock sensors.

Think I'm good on the latter, left zero wiring forward or through the fire wall, or inside the dash for that matter... only thing left was the gaggle at the driver kick panel.

post-27810-136027644711_thumb.jpg