Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello Subaru Geniuses,

I have a 2000 forester, and I am thinking of painting it with durabak next year. So, before I go and do a crazy thing like that, I am doing a little research. Unlike my wifes outback, my forester has molding on the bottom of the doors, and I can not remember what they are called. Anyways, I am debating whether I want to paint over them or take them off and then paint. I was just wondering if anyone has any pictures with that bottom molding taken off, and does anyone know what is under there?

thanks a bunch

-Lance

i just took one off a 2000 forester earlier this summer, i believe there are clips and holes to hold the clips that hold the molding so you probably want to leave it. it just clips in place, very easy to remove and see if you want to mess with it.

how about painting it but leaving the molding unpainted? paint is more difficult to adhere to the plastic isn't it? i'm a total rookie when it comes to paint.

I was thinking about just leaving the molding as is and not paint it. I am just wondering what is under there with out actually taking it off. I have a tendency of making easy tasks into something way more difficult, especially with cars:lol:. 2 hour job turns into 12 hours.

thanks

-Lance