Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I blame SubaruJunkie...

... and another kid at work, too.

I'm back in a Subaru again as a daily driver. Between the impending La Nina season here, the fact that I will be required to drive physically to work should weather be bad, and... well... boredom...

... I ended up picking up a used Forester today. More details later, I guess.

Darn you Brian and Joshua!

Yeah, well, a couple Baja's disappeared, the one I was looking at they weren't playing ball on... and you know I was thinking that a Baja might be a hard justification for me for a DD because it's a truck (albeit 4 door)...

... So yeah. Forester. :)

'03 XS Premium (with leather!), nearly fully loaded. As far as I can tell the only option it doesn't have is the upgraded speaker package.

Cayenne Red, and low miles for the year (shy of 74k).

Pix maybe tomorrow or so once it's light again.

Yeah, well, a couple Baja's disappeared, the one I was looking at they weren't playing ball on... and you know I was thinking that a Baja might be a hard justification for me for a DD because it's a truck (albeit 4 door)...

... So yeah. Forester. :)

'03 XS Premium (with leather!), nearly fully loaded. As far as I can tell the only option it doesn't have is the upgraded speaker package.

Cayenne Red, and low miles for the year (shy of 74k).

Pix maybe tomorrow or so once it's light again.

Cool, best of luck with it. Give me a call sometime and I can fill you in on some useful information now that you're back in the fold.

Ed - isn't that some sort of record for you guys?

You mean longevity record? Two years is nothing, we've had our Impreza for at least 6 years, one brat for six, and the other brat (which I just sold back to Zap) for over 9 years. I bought my son's other brat this year since it's been in the family now for over 10 years.

But if you mean, is the Forester the most recently manufactured of all our cars, yes it is.

I knew it had to fall under one category or another.

Anyway, just finding some minor issues that weren't tended to by the previous owner and going to take care of them. I suppose the biggest issue is that the washer fluid nozzles aren't spraying up front. There's plenty of fluid in the tank, just not getting from the tank to the nozzles. That, and I'm going to need to replace a light behind the climate controls. Those are the only two problems I have found.

I knew it had to fall under one category or another.

Anyway, just finding some minor issues that weren't tended to by the previous owner and going to take care of them. I suppose the biggest issue is that the washer fluid nozzles aren't spraying up front. There's plenty of fluid in the tank, just not getting from the tank to the nozzles. That, and I'm going to need to replace a light behind the climate controls. Those are the only two problems I have found.

Good luck replacing the light in the climate control panel, a real PITA job.

Good luck replacing the light in the climate control panel, a real PITA job.

If it's manual controls, yes. As I understand that's because of the cables that are attached. However, the '03 XS has automatic controls, so it's just two harness connectors that are easily disconnected.

I've heard the hardest part of the job is finding bulbs that fit without being gouged by a Subaru dealership.

If it's manual controls, yes. As I understand that's because of the cables that are attached. However, the '03 XS has automatic controls, so it's just two harness connectors that are easily disconnected.

I've heard the hardest part of the job is finding bulbs that fit without being gouged by a Subaru dealership.

I'm sure if you search the USMB, someone has already second sourced the bulbs. I know the older model bulb types have been posted.

The alternative is to pull the bad bulb and try Radio Shack, Vetco (in Bellevue), and lastly Digi-Key (mail order) or Mouser (mail order). Once you know the manufacturer number, it'll be easy to get.