Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Patrol annual XMas tree run

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I have an excuse to get the old wagon running again.

Things are coming along with the wagon. It's fairly road worthy but there are a few thing still to do. I will be commuting with it the week before the meet, to give it a good shakedown.

Atta boy. I got a couch if you need it.

Thanks for the offer but I'll probably get a room somewhere around Puyallup.

Went up FR70 with my brother today to play in the snow. I was gonna take him up FR7220 where we go for the tree run, but a forest ranger stopped us at FR7010 and said FR70 is closed before FR7220. They were sending everyone up 7010 for trees and sleding. Even had a plow running it. Don't know if they'll have 70 open by next weekend. If not there were a few places along 7010 where we could set up, but there won't be nearly as much space for everyone. Just wanted to give a heads up on that. Hopefully they'll get 70 plowed and open for us.

Jesse

I know Im real late to the party here, but I should be there this year. Been off for a while but my buddy wants to go again for a tree this time, so I hope to see you guys there. Still know internet at my house so if anyone wants to get ahold of me just call. Hope to see everyone there!

-Bill

Dang Bill, thought you fell off the face of the earth :eek:

It will be good to see you again, hope you can make it.

I did make it up there today and Jesse was correct. The road is closed at the top of the Snow Park.

I did not care for the snow conditions at all today. The snow was only 3-4in deep, but it was slush on top of ice because it rained last night.

It was slick as toad snot and I was sliding all over :-\

BUT, I talked to a Ranger that was there and she said they planned on getting the road plowed up to the big gravel pit area. This isnt where we usually stage, its a bit further down. If we use this area, we will be sharing it with a lot of snowmobilers with their trucks/trailers.

If the weather continues to be nice, the roads will improve and we might be able to make it up to the regular spot.

I think i'll be able to make it this year. Last year my wife and I were there in the black 1st gen forester. We had a lot of fun meeting everyone. Thanks for that cherry chocolate cobbler, that was the bomb!

Also, Qman are you going to post this to LegacyCentral like last year?

Edited by mike-tracy

I think i'll be able to make it this year. Last year my wife and I were there in the black 1st gen forester. We had a lot of fun meeting everyone. Thanks for that cherry chocolate cobbler, that was the bomb!

Also, Qman are you going to post this to LegacyCentral like last year?

Oops, forgot. You can link it up if you want. Really short notice though.