Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Durania

7th Subaru - 05 STi

That's the factory gold BBS wheels. The camera on my Droid isn't a fan of dusk lighting.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Just looked at the pics again...

Does the principal mind you parking in his/her spot OR are you the man?:banana:

Yes, then No. I am a systems administrator for the local municipality.:grin:

Just saw this thread. Congrats on the purchase, I know you ad been looking for one for a while. I bet it's fun!! I know I love my FXT. Big improvement over the RS!!

It sure was man. Glad you bumped this thing, I just finally dug it out from the snow last night that we got here.

IMG_20110113_165140.jpg

IMG_20110113_165424.jpg

IMG_20110113_165501.jpg

IMG_20110113_165449.jpg

I'm sure you guys have access to a lot cooler stuff than we do. I'm willing to bet you got a couple v6 STi's running around.

Nope unless some person put it in himself we do not have those. The standard wrx costs around $75K. Tribeca is not sold here because it is way to expensive. We have the diesels though.

Well, the update for the week.

Friend and I have plans to meet a guy in Asheville on Sunday to trade to an STi trunk. Yes, the one with the huge wing. I know, I know. I will catch some flack for the huge wing. I have been in love with the huge scoop, huge wing look since I was 16.

Previous owner sent me this picture, consider it a teaser.

Oldie.jpg

Yeah man.

The thing everyone does around here is the wingless trunk swap. Honestly, I am not a fan of it and to see an STi actually running around with the correct trunk is a rare sight in itself.

Sorry to hear that man.

This car "is" my dream car too. I never thought I would own it either, not at my age. It just seemed like the right time to jump on one. Heck, they aren't making any more of them this body style.

I still need another EA81 in my driveway to stick next to this thing and my 95 "OutSack, War Wagon".

The deed is done:

IMG_20110206_114622.jpg

IMG_20110206_114631.jpg

IMG_20110206_114612.jpg

In car view:

172206_600168700478_52700151_33852783_5012423_o.jpg

Took the scenic route:

IMG_20110206_171750.jpg

Stopped and saw my Grandmother on my way back. Here is my first car, 91 Legacy L. Came a long way, baby.

IMG_20110206_165436.jpg

Update that I forgot to post from back in early March. The PO ran camber plates that caused a TON of unnecessary wear on certain suspension components. Pulling into work's parking lot one day at a slow speed, I was getting a real bad popping sound. Turns out, the spring was trying to turn causing the bound up sound. The car sat for a week or so while I gathered thoughts, purchased a set of spring compressors and tackled the job.

I ordered new group-n tophats, new conical washers, new upper spring perch, and a new upper rubber seat.

The tophats are really hard and have a nice Bridgestone emblem imprinted on the top.

GroupNTophat.jpg

The bearings were completely shot in the old ones and would not turn smoothly.

The carnage, used vs new.

IMG_20110312_102608.jpg

Imagine my dismay. :eek:

The tophats wouldn't even turn smoothly when removed and spun. The underside had grease blown out of the inner race.

wow, i guess though, if the tophat bearings won't turn, then something needed to turn, in your case, the shock and spring still turned.....wow. scary stuff to come upon.Miles on the car at failure?

any warranty issue on this maybe?

Post #21 pn page 3, i see you already swapped tophats at some point. maybe this is related? everything a-ok at that time?

wow, i guess though, if the tophat bearings won't turn, then something needed to turn, in your case, the shock and spring still turned.....wow. scary stuff to come upon.Miles on the car at failure?

any warranty issue on this maybe?

Post #21 pn page 3, i see you already swapped tophats at some point. maybe this is related? everything a-ok at that time?

Everything was a-ok at that time. I guess I didn't inspect the tophat bearings that came with the car whenever I swapped out the PDE camber plates. Thing steered fine up until that one morning turning into work.

Miles on the car at failure was 72,000. It is an 05 after all and I am sure the dealer would just laugh at me.