Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jeep vs Subaru

nipper

Yes i hate to admit it but i lust over those. How nice that one was parked in front of my house. I do not know if you can see it or not, but they have exactly the same ground clearance.

Sorry but that isn't a real Jeep ground clearance. That's a Mall Crawler.

Here is a real Jeep ground clearance.

2007_1003Moab0063.jpg

Sorry but that isn't a real Jeep ground clearance. That's a Mall Crawler.

Here is a real Jeep ground clearance.

In order to have ground clearance you need to have ground underneath you. Obviously there is no ground so you do not have any.

:-p

the funny thing, is that's the softest, mildest, most street-friendly wrangler ever. And it's still better offroad than most subarus will ever be.

personally, if I'm going to cave and get a jeep, it would be a TJ wrangler. shorter wheelbase, super cheap to modify, removable roof.

not a big fan of the minivan motor they put in those JKs....

The subie has more power going up hills also it gets better gas milage and better traction control stock what were we talking bout again

i will admit it has better gas and better on road traction control but as far as hill climbing i would have to disagree. my suby can keep up with my jeep most of the time but my jeep can basically idle over almost any hill in low range. One vehicle that absolutely sucks is hummers.

the funny thing, is that's the softest, mildest, most street-friendly wrangler ever. And it's still better offroad than most subarus will ever be.

personally, if I'm going to cave and get a jeep, it would be a TJ wrangler. shorter wheelbase, super cheap to modify, removable roof.

not a big fan of the minivan motor they put in those JKs....

4.o 6 cylinder is a very strong motor to. ive seen those last for upwards of 500,000 miles with proper care. maybe not quite as reliable as subys but as far as large offroad SUVS go they are among the best you can get.

i have an 85 jeep cherokee i use for wheeling. its got a 4 inch pro comp lift welded diffs front and rear and a roll cage. i saved a ton of money from going to the junk yard and pulling parts from wrecked jeeps. it only has a 2.5 four banger which is good motor but a little gutless for my taste. im hoping to find a 4.0 soon. The 2.8 GM motor was an absolute lemon and that was what was in some jeeps.

it only has a 2.5 four banger which is good motor but a little gutless for my taste. im hoping to find a 4.0 soon. The 2.8 GM motor was an absolute lemon and that was what was in some jeeps.

The 2.5 iron duke is gutless but fun in the wind the ************ out of it, hammer the drive train as much as you want, and never have enough power to break anything kind of way. We had a lot of fun with an 88 wrangler back in the day. Even kinked both front springs...

The 2.8 v6 is a good engine, not a lemon. Sure, they leak oil from every pore, but as long as you keep them full you can't kill them. A friend had one in a S-10, and it saw valve float all the time. Multiple sets of tires smoked off that truck, no rev limiter and a 5spd manual. The drivetrain was a bit "loose" when he finally got rid of the truck, there would be a pause and then a clang as all the slack was taken up when you shifted from forward to reverse. 2 years of vicious abuse and not even a hiccup.

J10Stump.jpg

Ground clearance? um...yeah. My Subaru doesn't quite match...

It's pretty touch to find Detroit lockers, 4.88 gears, and 37s that fit for my Subaru...

Excactly, you gotta have 37's on those solid axles to get the same clearance at the diffs as a Subaru on 30's

I could build 2 Subaru wheelers for the price of those tires.