Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tahuya,WA 28Feb04

I am going to Tahuya ORV park on Saturday, if any of you want to meet up, I will be meeting some other folks at the safeway in Belfair at 10:30.

I am going to be taking my slightly modded Explorer.

If you need more info on park let me know, it is fair mild.

Joe9883Picture_0121.jpg

there's some decent wheeling there. last time tex and i was there. there was a knarly set of hill climbs. which were a challange going down. or you could try going up. i remember a mud pit somewhere. but can't remember how to get to it. thoughs trails go everywhere! it's a maze of beat up loggin roads. a few rock gardens. other than that. it's fun and a lot of different types and levels of moded cars car make it.

last time i was out there we ran into a stock subaru with a welded diff playing with his friends in yotas and such.

wish i could go. but too long of a drive to washington. could take a rain check till i'm home in may.

Tahuya is a fun place for vehicles not heavly modified, I do recommend having breathers extended as tahuya is know for its' flat muddy terrain, ther is a few hill climbs,rock gardens and puddles, it is maintained by the quadrapaws 4X4 club and has miles of trails, a stock subaru could make it there with a few challenges, I would recommend extended breather lines and lift high enough to be able to ford water holes about 30-35" deep most of the deeper holes have go arounds but some do not and lead to a little bit of pucker.

A run later on sounds like fun .

Joe

• 2 weeks later...