Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Could this be the End of my 2.7 Project? :(

How about shipping in a container? It might be cheaper.

http://www.internationalshipping.com/quote.html

Thank you for the Link. 

Well... Seems Like I'll Need to get shipped to my Country:

• a Complete EJ Engine in Good Workin' conditions;
  • the Complete Wiring Harness, plus
  • the ECU,
  • Also an Adaptor Plate to Bolt the EJ Engine to the EA Gearbox, unless I Use the EJ Gearbox too and thus means more money to invest and deal with hybrid axles... etc.

All that Means a LOT of Money which I Don't have ... :( ... for now.

Seems like my 2.7 Wagon will become a Garage Queen for Long time to come...

I am just now catching up on this whole ordeal. I am very sorry to hear that you've lost your ER27 Loyale. That thing was the most characteristic Subaru on this entire site IMHO. One of the things I think about when I remember all the people I've met Subaru related (even if I've never met you in person), is your "Scream Yellow" Loyale. Even if it is gone, it will never be forgotten JezZek!!! Remember, it's not the final product that's important, it's the process and the experiences with the final product that count. You've inspired some people to go out on a limb and choose an insane color choice!! Not many people manage to inspire in such a way.

Don't let it get you down, there has been very much good come of that car. Not only for you, but for others who decided to use your car as inspiration too. That car was truley a legend!!!

Thank you for your Kind Words, which are really appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Thank you for the Link.

Well... Seems Like I'll Need shipped to my Country:

1. a Complete EJ Engine in Good Workin' conditions;
  2. the Complete Wiring Harness, plus
  3. the ECU,
  4. Also an Adaptor Plate to Bolt the EJ Engine to the EA Gearbox, unless I Use the EJ Gearbox (FWD) too.

All that Means a LOT of Money that I Don't have ... :( ... for now.

Seems like my 2.7 Wagon will become a Garage Queen for Long time to come...

Kind Regards.

That sounds like $700.00 to $800.00 U.S. dollars plus shipping. Front wheel drive? It'd be sweet just to use the EJ tranny too.

Doug

• 2 months later...

So sorry for the Yellow font I used to type, that worked with the Dark Grey Background the USMB website used to have for a while, as you can see here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/128332-history-of-usmb/?p=1090011

I Wrote a Full Explanation about Why I Change the Text Colour & Size, Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/124339-prefer-the-brighter-web-page/?p=1052563

But I've been (Slowly, as I have not enough free time) Fixing every and Each of my most Important Posts, changin' the yellow text colour to a deep Blue and bigger font size, so you can read my posts easily.

Thank you for your patience,

Kind Regards.

Sorry to hear this. :(

For me, it is So Sad, because too many Time, Work, Effort and Money went on my 2.7 Project since 1999 when everything Started... You Might Laugh but let me Tell you that I even Cried...

I am Feeling So Sad...

And there will be no laughing, at least not from me. My old GL is not nearly as nice (well, it is to me for my use of it) and I've not put as much time into it. But I'd be severely bummed if it got wrecked as it's a family member at this point.

Yes, we are very close to El Salvador.

I Drove my BumbleBeast wagon to "El Cuco" Beach in El Salvador,
(also across many other cities there) during the Holy Week Vacation on march 1993; I Liked that beach ... I remember that mistakenly my BumbleBeast almost got stuck on the sand there ... Well, I was 17 years old then and I drove too far on the dark sands (Due to Volcanoes) near to the ocean's waves of the Pacific ocean...

Honduran beaches are very different, because Honduras is the only country in central america Without Volcanoes, and unlike the El Salvador, Honduras has coasts also on the Caribbean sea too, and our sandy beaches has white sand and clear waters.

... I have a friend from El Salvador who runs a truck down there 2 or 3 times a year. Might I be able to hook you up with him to ship your parts? ...

That is a Great Idea, maybe he can bring me the parts to his Country and I can drive there in a weekend to pick the parts... we're near.

The only problem for me right now is the Lack of enough Money to purchase a Good working EJ engine + ECU & Wirin' harness and an adaptor plate... or maybe including its EJ transmission to avoid using an adaptor plate.

So my 2.7 Wagon will remain unengined as the "Garage Queen" in my HomeTown for some time.

I Already took certain parts from the 2.7 to improve my EA82 Bumblebeast, the idea is if I could Have only one Running subaru, lets make a Better one from the Two; so my EA82 BumbleBeast got the Ford Tempo and Honda Accord Spring coils, the dual beam H.I.D.'s with 5000K "Natural Colour"
(No blueish colour) etc...

So, I Really Thank you so much Bigjimd for your Kind offer, but for now I can not afford the cost of purchase and bringing here all the needed parts.

I'll let you know ASAP any news on the subject.

Kind Regards.

... My old GL is not nearly as nice (well, it is to me for my use of it) and I've not put as much time into it. But I'd be severely bummed if it got wrecked as it's a family member at this point.

Thank you for your Kind Words...

My 2.7 wagon was awesome but somehow a never-ending project; the Idea to have an XT6 wagon was nice but the Lack of enough Space to fit the 2.7 plus Radiator there, made us (My dad & I) to be Creatives, and also we Learned a Lot with that 2.7 Project.

But Now seems like Someone is Trying to do the same XT6 Wagon project but taken to the Next Level: Swapping all the Complete Front end from the XT6:

LoyaleXT6-1.jpg

LoyaleXT6-2.jpg

By that way, the ER27 engine will fit Great but the Builder should be Very careful to reinforce both Structures where they meet. I Believe that the finished product with uniform paint should Look Nicer, but somehow it looks like the Honda Accord hatchback (AeroDeck) from that same era:

Aerodeck.jpg

Again, thank you for your Kind Words...

Kind Regards.

There is a Guy who went to see my 2.7 "Garage Queen" unengined subie, which now is an Empty Shell, somehow... because I've took off its best parts for my other Wagon, the "BumbleBeast" ... he asked how much do we (My dad & I) want for her...

It was Hard to let it Go, but we are facing very hard times here in Honduras.

Edit: As you can read ~► Here.

Kind Regards.

• 3 months later...

I've realized that my Dead 2.7 Wagon project gains more attention than my Runnin' "BumbleBeast  :P 

At SOA Magazine:

418035_447443338635033_250340783_n.jpg

At SOA's Facebook Cover:

JesZeKonSOA.jpg

And Jalopnik:

JalopnikMagazine.jpg

Someone Reposted this, ~► Here

All those were Unexpected Honor, which I'm more than Thankful!

Kind Regards.