Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Could this be the End of my 2.7 Project? :(

Dear Friends:

As some of you already Know, I have Two Subaru Wagons, my "Everyday Warrior" is the White, Weberized EA82 that is always with me as daily driver; the other is the Yellow ER27 Engined one that is my "Weekend Warrior" and it usually stays with my Parents at my HomeTown. I Work Very Far Away from Home.

So my Dad Drives that Yellow ER27 Subie and I Choosed the EA82 because is way more Reliable.

Last Saturday I Received Bad News: my Uncle Borrowed my Dad's Subie
(the Yellow 2.7 one) to do an errand; while he was cruising in a two way Road, approaching a curve, he just Saw coming a School Bus on the other way, at the same time being Passed by a Medium sized cab-forward Truck, in Direct Collision Course with him!

The Truck Driver Tried to Stop but the Tires Locked and went to the Open side of the Curve, so my uncle tried to do everything possible to Stop the car, while steer away but the 2.7 Wagon had a Direct Front impact ... :banghead: ...

Now my Uncle is Better, he had a big Head Hit on the Windshield's Pillar but the Safety Belt Held him Enough to not allow his Stomach to hit the Steerin' Wheel...

I asked Dad about my Subie ... :(
 ... Considering all the adaption works done during such weird Engine Swap, and that the ER27 Engine is designed to Hold itself to the Front in a much longer engine bay than the Wagon's one, so we welded some sort of "Arm" for it, my Dad said that the Welded Arm point was the worst affected area because it received the Truck's Bumper Direct Hit...

Long story Short: he said that the Front Bumper got Smashed in, Both Headlamps and Turn Signals are Broken and left useless, the Hood cover is Damaged, the said front arm was Broken and thus meant a Broken Engine Block; and all the Belts & Pulleys are Smashed to the Front, the external Belts are Bursted and the Timing Belt Covers, tensioners and Belts are damaged too, beside more damage that Couldn't be seen for now but you can imagine for sure...

I Want to Go to see my Uncle and the Car's Damage. I want to See if I Can Repair it Somehow ... but I Can not Leave my Job for enough time to Go to my Parents' HomeTown (it takes a Whole Day to Go and a Whole Day to Come because it is a Coast to Coast Voyage) I'm asking my Vacation time to my Boss, Maybe next December...

For me, it is So Sad, because too many Time, Work, Effort and Money went on my 2.7 Project since 1999 when everything Started ... You Might Laugh but let me Tell you that I even Cried...

...I am Feeling So Sad... People in my Country Drive Very, Very Bad, Like Crazy. 

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

that's a mess. sorry to hear that on all counts.

often you can have it "drivable" in just a couple hours. pull the bumper with a come along and pull the hood out too, bend the radiator support. in like 30 minutes you can have it pulled out enough to get the timing belts back to running again. getting it drivable usually isn't too bad. getting it perfect, that's another story.

i've got ER27 parts, i'll even donate a few things to the cause if you decide to repair it.

Que triste amigo, afortunadamente tu tío está bien, pudo haber sido peor. Espero que puedas ver tu auto pronto para evaluar si es reparable, pero con todo el esfuerzo y tiempo puesto en él, creo que te será fácil hacerlo, así que ¡ánimo! :banana:

(Sorry to all of you english speakers)

Edited by Duraznov

... así que ¡ánimo! :banana:...

¡Muchas Gracias por sus Amables Palabras!  

Thank You for your Kind Words!

im sorry to hear that, :mad: people can be so stupid, i am in love with that car. fix it fix it fix it!!! :)

I'm Glad that you Liked my Subie ... :) ... You're So Kind.

Yes, I Will Try to do my Best to Fix it.

The Problems Right Now are:

• The Subie is in the Police Yard (also the Truck) and will be There 'till the Legal Situation is Solved.
  • is not Easy to Solve that Legal Situation, it could take Months...
  • I Don't Know if we could get some Payment from the Truck's Company (it is a Delivery Truck) even if they have insurance.

The Truck itself Didn't get much Damage other than the Front Bumper and certain Lights (the Truck had an added tube Bumper, as my Dad said) and the Truck Driver Didn't got Hurt; but insurance companies are a Nightmare to deal with.

So, Wish me Luck!

Kind Regards.

... Be glad your hands are full with work and not hair.

You're Right!

No News for now, except that there's a Huge Rainstorm at my Parents' HomeTown Area, so I'm Afraid that maybe the Subie has been left with the Windows' Down at the Police Parking yard... 

They don't care for anything. :mad:

Thanks to all of you for your Kind Words... You're Right.

I Asked my Dad to Take some Pictures, I Want to Know (seeing) how Really looks my 2.7 Wagon after the Crash, but the Police didn't granted him access to the parking yard ... :mad: ... I'm Still Asking my Vacation time at work by December, to go for a couple of Weeks to my Parents' HomeTown, I Hope my Boss will let me go...

Kind Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your nice Words

The Legal procedures are about to finish, so We'll Wait to See How the Situation Ends...

I Haven't Traveled to my Parents' HomeTown to see the Crashed 2.7 Wagon Yet, due to my Job ... :angry:
 ... also I got a horrid Gout Foot attack, as you can Read here: :eek:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/113927-holy-cow-gout-foot/

So Sometimes Things could become Even Worse!  ... :( ...

Hang in there Loyale! Everyone is OK which is the most important. Your Subie protected the passenger and that is most important. Good luck traveling and finding out about the damage and with repairs. Life definitely deals us blows but that is what makes us stronger and able to better appreciate the good when it happens.

Que triste amigo, afortunadamente tu tío está bien, pudo haber sido peor. Espero que puedas ver tu auto pronto para evaluar si es reparable, pero con todo el esfuerzo y tiempo puesto en él, creo que te será fácil hacerlo, así que ¡ánimo! :banana:

(Sorry to all of you english speakers)

Translation for us Gringos :grin:

How sad friend, hopefully your uncle is fine, could have been worse. I hope you can see your car early to assess whether it is repairable, but with all the effort and time put into it, I think it will be easy to do, so cheer up!

Mis sentimientos exactamente Loyale 2.7 Turbo. :(

My "Loyale 2.7 Turbo" Project was very Fun ... even if we Didn't the Turbo Mod due to the Easy Overheating issue; but I Still have six EA82T Pistons in a Shelf ... We (Dad and I) Wanted to Fix the Radiator's issue first, but seems like that Dream will never come True

... :( ...

My Dad Called me by Phone today early Morning, the Paperwork is Finished ... Oh my God, I Feel So Sad ... I Want to Remember my Project Wagon as it was.

When I Painted it in Yellow in Year 2000, only my Sister Liked the Colour ...

Loyale27Turbo2.jpg?t=1291825054

Loyale27Turbo1.jpg?t=1291825084

11101_1304_loyale-27-turbo-4.jpg?t=12918

I've made a Couple of Videos, mainly off-Roading ... You can watch 'em in Youtube, but Youtube Removed the Audio from some of Them, 'cos I Used Songs from my Favourite Bands, such like: "Within Temptation" & "Iron Maiden" in the Background ... I don't understand such Copyright claims, because when you are Listening to your Favourite Music on your Car's stereo and do your Video Footage, you're Not getting any profit from such background Music, isn't it? ... So I Had to Use another Music from Youtube's "Pathetic" library. 

SubarudoRally.gif?t=1291826780

... Old picture, both my Wagons Together ...

MyTwins-02a-1.gif?t=1291826891

... Did Lots of Trips on Bad Roads ...

S3020831.jpg?t=1291827010

... I Like how it Looks in a Parkin' Lot ...

20-05-07_2027.jpg?t=1291827092

... I Did Lots of Work all Around & Under it ...

FixinExhaust.jpg?t=1291827189

... We Went to Many Cities ...

MarriotSubie.jpg?t=1291827276

... But I Preffer the Muddy Mountains for Sure ...

• Like 1

Some People Didn't Liked my Wagon, but other People take it as an inspiration...

First in my Country, many Subaru Owners asked me about the Lug Pattern mod I Did and I explained how I changed the 4
X140 to 4X114.3 since many many years ago, and I Helped lots of People
(directly or indirectly) to do it; so there many Old School Subies (Both Leones -EA81- and Loyales -EA82-) in Honduras and other countries, that their owners have redrilled that Lug Pattern to use more "Standard" Rims, according to my Photos and Directions.

This is another Honduran Subaru Loyale with 4X114.3 and 18" Rims:

IMG0350A.jpg?t=1291828799

About my Choice of Colour ... Many people asked me about it ... Not all the People Liked it, but I've seen other Yellow Subies since I painted mine like That and since I Started Posting its Pictures on internet, starting from Year 2000.

In example, this nice European Loyale Sedan with Bumper Swap:

rqmiRmSjZC.jpg?t=1291829238

Also in the Ausubaru Forums, a Member named: "L-Raiser" Wrote about my Wagon:

L-Raiser said:
Ive just looked over his site and man...

...But he is definately a Subi nut like all of us....which is good... :cool:
I like his choice in colour.... <wink> When Ive finished my rebuild my car will look similar....if not better? ;)

Kaz

As you can read directly on This Thread, there:

~► http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5373&page=2

Look at Post Nº 17 ... this is How "L-Raiser" Subie Looks now:

L-Raiser.jpg?t=1291829578

I Really Like it! :)

Also other USMB members Liked my Choice of Colour ... my dear friend Connie "Bucky92" asked me about the Paint, That yellow Paint is Named "Scream Yellow" done by Ford; after that, She Painted her Subaru XT6 "Rocky" with that Yellow colour, leaving certain panels in Black ... I Really Liked that XT6 which Now has Gone to the Subaru Heaven.

I'm Afraid that Maybe my 2.7 is Gone too ... :( 
... Somehow

Another USMB Members, such like "Caramanos 2000" Painted his Nice Loyale Wagon, named: "La Abuela" (The "GrandMother" in Spanish) with that Yellow, Leavin' the Roof & Hood in flat Black:

abuela.jpg?t=1291830418

I Like your Puerto-Rican Subie, Peter! :)

Also, My dear Friend Brandon has a Beautiful,

Awesome Subaru Sedan with my Tone of Yellow:

AnotherYellowSedan2.jpg

Gotta Love that Subaru and all his Amazing Work!

I've seen other Yellow Subarus here in USMB, such like these:

AnotherYellowWagon2.jpg

AnotherYellowWagon1.jpg

Kind Regards.

►Edited to update the photo's links.

• Like 1

Please excuse me for Long Posts, I'm Feeling very Nostalgic...

My Dad said that the ER27 Engine is very Damaged
(Broken Block and all the Timing Stuff) and the Engine Bay is damaged too, 'cos we adapted a Metal Arm that Held the Engine to the Front; there is the Place that Received the Hit, mainly.

I've seen other Subaru Models in my Taste of Yellow Paint, lately:

BratAmarillo2.jpg

YellowLegacy.jpg

BratAmarillo1.jpg

Even I found a Yellow Wagon with White Stripes:

AnotherYellowWagon3.jpg

I Guess I've been entertaining myself searchin' for Yellow Subarus on the Net, while I get the chance to Go to my HomeTown to see my 2.7 wagon...

Kind Regards.

►Edited to update the photo's links