Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Could this be the End of my 2.7 Project? :(

JesZek, ¿significa esto que su coche está oficialmente muerto? Si es así, lo siento mucho oír eso. Cuando tienes la oportunidad, ¿podrías publicar una foto de los daños en el motor? Yo estaría interesado en ver los daños, como tengo una ER-27 vagones convertidos en mi camino de entrada también.

Lo siento por la mala suerte. Espero que las cosas funcionen para usted.

Google Translate pwns! :grin:

Google did Translate Very Well this Time! :D 

I Hope my 2.7 Wagon is not Dead, but the engine is for sure ... I'm Afraid on What's Happening with it Right Now, because my Father is Trying to fix it Somehow Before I could be Able to do a trip to my HomeTown. (he Don't want me to See it in such Very Bad Conditions)

He Already Removed the Wrecked ER27 from the Engine Bay to fix and straighten some areas, but He stated that the engine is Very Damaged, beyond any possible repairs, also there are not much XT6 here in Honduras, only few that came from USA.

You Still have the Blue ER27 Wagon with Top-Mounted Radiator?

I Have seen it around and I Really Like it! :)

Thank you for your Kind Words, which are Highly appreciated,

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

You have the Blue ER27 Wagon with Top-Mounted Radiator? ... I Have seen it around and I Like it! :)

Thank you for your Kind Words...

Wow. How'd you know? Yes, mine has the top mount rad in it. I admit I'm pretty curious as to how you did the conversion without relocating the radiator.

Your Blue ER27 Wagon is Very Nice! :)

H6onWagon.jpg

The Radiator Didn't fit there at All, as you Already Know... My dad & I were thinkin' to do the Same you Did, a Top Mounted Rad; but to Work well it Needed the subie to be Lifted at least with a 2" Lift plus Dropping the Engine Crossmember to make the engine go Down enough to let a Full Sized Two Row Radiator to hang over it... We Couldn't do That, we were on Low Budget.

So we Placed a Thick Black Fabric Behind the Grill to Hide & Protect the Engine's Runnin' Pulleys from Tiny Rocks or other Road Debris, and we Placed Two Small Radiators with Permanent electric Fans; Both interconnected, did their Job very well but if I Tried to hold Deep Acceleration for more than 10 ~ 15 Minutes, the car Overheated pretty Easy and here is hard to Obtain Parts for that engine. (is Very Scarse)

So Yes, we did Relocated the Rad Somehow...

That's Why we Never did the Turbo Project.

Wow. How'd you know? ...

Well, I have the Honor of being part of this Awesome Subaru Club since many, years ago, (Look at my Sign Date on my Profile) so I've seen Lots of Stuff going on here since then ... :) ... also I have a couple of Photos stored on my Computer.

Kind Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Ten Days have already passed by since my Last Post.

Finally I came here, to my HomeTown, just a day before Christmas.

I had an "Sweet & Sour" Christmas.

Sweet 'cos I Spent it with my Parents, my Wife & my Li'l Daughter Playin' Around; but my 2.7 Wagon is the Sour part: it became a project in Dire Need to be Back to Square one.

The fenders and Hood cover has been Straighten already, but the ER27 engine is out, Damaged
(Cracked and Timing belts' covers and belts are Broken, Pulleys Damaged and Tensioners are Bent, beside more "Surprises" it could have) by the Front Mount and other front parts, it was a Really Direct hit to that Spot Somehow. The Front Bumper is Shot too... along HeadLamps and Corner Lights, and other damages.

My dad was Thinkin' about to obtain a Rebuilt EA81 from a Shop and make it Run again
(that wagon was his Daily Driver) But I want to Wait to obtain enough money to buy an EJ engine and do the in-Famous  "EJ Swap"  but Now the Lack of Enough Money is the problem.

Here in my Country, a good Runnin' Used Engine could be Very Expensive, but I'll Search at Junk Yards
(Called here: ~► "Yonkers" click underlined word for further details) for a Decent Candidate to obtain the EJ + the Wiring harness and ECU; but that seems too far from now...

I Like the "FrankenMotor" Swap Idea, it is made from a Subaru EJ25 engine Block + the Subaru EJ22 Heads, but I'm Just Deaming, Maybe Someday, Somehow...

Believe me: it Hurts just by Seeing it ... so my Dad will keep it in a Closed Garage 'till I can Obtain a New Engine for it, whatever engine I could.

Now I will go to Play with my Baby Daughter in the Sandy Beach...

Thank you for be along with me, bearing this.

Kind Regards.

Post up a list of parts you'll want/need to do the conversion. I suspect that those engines are MUCH cheaper here. It may be that they are sufficiently less expensive to offset the cost of shipping. I know I'd be happy to keep my eyes open for something. I'm sure others would, too.

Great! ... Thank you!

Do you know How much is the Total Weight of an EJ22 + ECU and Wiring Harness, also its approx. Size Measurements; so I could Ask to the Deliver companies such as Skynet, FedEx, Pakmail, etc... How much could cost to bring that here?

Kind Regards.

Post up a list of parts you'll want/need to do the conversion. I suspect that those engines are MUCH cheaper here. It may be that they are sufficiently less expensive to offset the cost of shipping. I know I'd be happy to keep my eyes open for something. I'm sure others would, too.

Scoobywagon beat a lot of us to the offer. I also am sure that you would get plenty of help and support.

Thank you All for your Kind Replies...

I'd plan on the whole thing being about 300 lbs and about 1 cubic meter all said and done. It'll likely be less than that, but plan for the worst and be pleasantly surprised.

...Now I'll Search how much could it be for Shipping it and also How much could customs clearance's Taxes might cost.

Kind Regards.

I Haven't time to go to the Shippin' Companies Yet... But I Found this Motivational post:

I had a ER-27 in my 85 wagon for a total of 6 days, granted it was neat and a pain to just get located in the engine bay I liked it (probably b/c it was different and I was able to keep a radiator in the front of the engine with the stock grill). But I am way happier with my EJ-22T in there. There is actually room to work on the engine, easy to remove, radiator with clearance on both sides, cheaper, lighter, more reliable, easy parts...... But yes go for it, it is a great engine with piles of torque and a great sound.

Matt

• 9 months later...

Darn I cant post a comment on that.

That is a very thorough job. Looks amazing.

I should think about going that deep in the process when I repaint NED. Im doing the original #646# paint color (Twilight Blue Metallic)

Glad that you're going to fix that! It seemed like one of your pride and joys!

Thank you all for your Kind Words which I Really appreciate very much. :)

... Hope you find an new engine soon!

Me too, I have been Searchin'...

The Local Subaru Dealer have a Used EJ20T from a Crashed impreza that only had 26,000 Kilometers on the Odo ... that was a Car of a Dealer employee but he wants too much money for that engine.

Beside that, I have not found any Used Subaru engine Locally, except for a couple of old and oily EA engines with lots of miles on them.

I have a nice ER27 for sale but I can't imagine what shipping from the states would be :eek:

Thank you So Much!

But I Really Don't want another ER Engine on my Subie... My 2.7 Wagon Lasted a decade but now it has an Empty engine bay waiting for a EJ Engine, My idea is to Follow the Numbchux Guide to do the Famous EJ Swap, Mainly because we need a Reliable Car.

Lots of People have asked me about the ER27 Swap, so I Wrote a detailed Writeup about that; You can reach it

Here: ~►  http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/122165-ea82-to-er27-swap/

Kind Regards.

add the writeup Link