Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found the answer to my California registration problem.

phantomcrooner

I moved to a little town in San Diego county, Called Julian which sits at 4200 feet. After the problems the other day, loosing a muffler (and it hitting the Eclipse behind me), breaking the top bolts off the engine and loosing the starter, rear main seal I started looking at all the costs of legalizing the thing for California since I need to pull the engine anyway.

California will let you bring an out of state car that is not smog legal if it was an inheritance. Which leads to the question. Will you then have to change it to meet smog requirements? Well not if the little town in the mountains doesn't have smog regulations! I can put the 1.8 with the Weber back in until i get the 2.2 finished and not have to stop driving the car and I still wont have to use a cat. :banana: :banana: :banana:

so are you trying to learn about cali smog?

the EJ22 swap needs 2 comply with year that the engine comes from. you need 2 have a CARB inspector certify it

for your EA, needs to comply w/the setup that it came stock with

send me a pm if u have any questions