Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My problem now is with the interior's Aesthetics... 
The
Wooden part I made for the Center Console, doesn't fit anymore.

BumbleBeast%20Wooden%20Console.jpg

Because the shifter went one inch backwards, 
the outer Rubber boot is decentered.

Also since I welded a half inch longer metal cube, instead the Rubber cube for the Linkage:

Welded%20Joint.jpg

...But since the whole drivetrain has moved backward an inch...

Small%20Bends.jpg

...I had to do a small bend on each side to make it Fit there.

Edit: I should have welded it one inch closer, my Mistake.

The already shortened shifter, went down another half inch, making it even Shorter...

Since the above part doesn't go all the way to the Back, reaching the parking brake Handle's base, like the GL's center console, I thought that I could simply place that part in front, instead of the one that I have, then a Floor Mat on the naked Shifter's area, leaving the rear part for the Parking brake, Stock; and finally let the mini rubber boot sit over said floor mat...

Being without a center console on the Shifter, will lower the placement for the mini Rubber Boot; but I will miss the Wooden part... Maybe I just modify said wooden part to fit a Leather boot in place of the Mini Rubber boot. Something that fits my Black shifter Knob.

Black%20Shifter%20Knob.jpg

Edited to add the Photo

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did you drop the transmission and strut rods for the 1"1/2 Or just the engine crossmember

Engine's Crossmember was dropped one and a half inch; then the Transmission's Shifter Linkage, got an added half inch of drop when I welded a Metal piece instead the Rubber Cube, as shown and explained in previous posts with Photos, and added a Steering shaft extension to compensate the amount dropped; finally, I used Strut blocks of two inches in their top, That's it.

Everything has been properly explained in previous posts here, with Photos.

Kind Regards.

... Before you got the legacy shaft, how much did you add to the stock one when you lengthened it? ...

A little more than one inch long.

... I love how detailed your threads are ...

Thank you!

... but I didn't see you mention it anywhere.

What I did, has been mentioned on earlier posts of this thread, such like post Nº 38,

here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/113907-lookin-for-a-front-lil-lift/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1045545 If you scroll down there, you'll find more photos.

But I lenghtened it with the old 1" blocks for the Engine's crossmember, then I used the already longer from factory, Legacy one, with the " Engine's crossmember blocks, and that legacy one has exactly the same amount longer that I added to the old, factory one.

Kind Regards.