Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gremlin at the turn of the key

When I turn the key the brake, seatbelt, and door lights ignite on the dash but when I turn it all the way they dim, along with any interior lights, and all I hear is clicking like the relay is bad.

No spark or crank.

The car has been doing this intermittently for a few weeks.

I just replaced the starter and now I'm about to have a coronary 'cause she can't get me to work tomm.

'99 leg w/ 160k

Bad battery (no electrons for a bad battery)

bad cable/s

bad grounds

dirty terminals

All of the above.

There was probably nothing really wrong with the starter as that is usually just the contacts.

I was in a huge rush this morning so I grabbed a room temp ~65 deg. Pepsi and poured it on the contacts. Cranked them down a notch and BOOM!!!!

Back in buisness.

I was in a huge rush this morning so I grabbed a room temp ~65 deg. Pepsi and poured it on the contacts. Cranked them down a notch and BOOM!!!!

Back in buisness.

Then you need to take off the terminals and do a REAL cleaning to them. There has been extensive talk on CarTalk about this and no one knows why it works. Usually it is baking soda and water. Either way clean the terminals with a terminal brush.