PCVConnection1.gif

Passenger's side Hose, directly from the Head to the Air Filter Box:

PCVConnection2.gif

I Hope this could be Useful.

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Above procedures are for the Carburated EA82's.

However, certain EFI EA82's also has problems with their PCV System Sucking Oil,

So Subaru made a PCV Re-Route Kit for those models affected with the Original PCV Routing Flaw.

spfi.jpg

Part Number: SUBARU 11813AA010

You can Download a .Pdf file which has the Subaru Recall Info, 

and the install Procedures, ~► Here.

Kind Regards.

Since the Install of the Oil Catch Can, I've Noticed that the EA82 engine on my Subaru "BumbleBeast" suddenly stopped blowing Oil on the PCV System, Not only for the Oil Catch Can... which doesn't has catched a single drop of Oil since the install, but it is a "Side Effect" from the install due two facts, let me Explain:

The PROPER Routing on the Hoses, Relief the Pressure on the PCV System to Normal, and thus reduces the amount of Blown Oil to the PCV system.

The 5/8" Hose that comes from the Drivers' side to the Oil Catch Can, is too Long and goes Up so Far, that the small amount of Oil blown, does slide back and return by itself to the Head, so it doesn't reach the Oil Catch Can.

Funny, isn't it?

Kind Regards.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So to clarify, you put your catch can between the driver's and passenger's side valve covers?

I'm working on some catch can ideas. Was just going to make one out of a jar, but then I considered using this filter/catch can for air compressors from Harbor Break. Not too worried about the filter getting clogged, it's designed to push pretty good volume. And like you said with the eBay catch cans, the pipes seem too small.

For $10, we'll find out! I'm actually going to try this first on my mom's Volvo 940 Turbo first, as she gets a disgusting amount of blowby. Mostly happens when I drive it, for some reason. :D

Edited by Cyfun

The components of the can do not really filter anything. They help certain oil vapors condense in the can instead of your intake manifold. Before you try to build one, first understand what the PCV system does. The FSM has a great diagram and description. Connecting the two valve covers will do almost nothing. When you understand the PCV system, then you can see that the low pressure on the PCV valve side of the can sucks air/fuel blow-by and oil vapors up to be combusted in the cylinders, again, not to mention all the condensed water in the crank case that gets evaporated at running temp. It does this in certain conditions when pressures on either side of the valve are appropriate. Those oil vapors gum stuff up and need to be captured in the can. Now go study the PCV system and tell us where you think the can should be placed.

Yeah, the point of a catch can is to catch oil/moisture right before it enters into the intake. So I would imagine that's where you'd wanna put your can.

I got that filter catch can from HF, I just need to get some barbed hose fittings that'll fit my PCV hose.

So to clarify, you put your catch can between the driver's and passenger's side valve covers? ...

No, Absolutely Not.

If you read carefully, the First pic explains that it must be Placed

between the Driver's Side Head and the PCV on the intake.

The Full explanation is, ~► Here.

Kind Regards.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I'm so sad and sorry for that... You can Not see any Pictures because I have uploaded all of them to the Servers of "PhotoBucketand they have restricted the Bandwidth from 100 Gb monthly, to 10 Gb Monthly, and I'm using their services since year 2003, so you can imagine how many thousands (Literally) of photos I've uploaded there the Last Decade...

Photobucket Sucks :banghead:   See this Thread for Further Details: ~► Here.

So you must wait 'till they Reset the Bandwidth each month, to see the Photos...

(another way is if I could "Pay" a monthly fee to Photobucket, in order to get unrestricted Bandwidth, but Living in Honduras does it Difficult to me)

Kind Regards.

On my trike with the EA81 I didnt have blow by issues. The engine had new rigns and bearings 100,000kms (60,000 mls) ago. Then I installed the supercharger. Suddenly I had blow by issues. One sign was the oil dip stick kept popping out of its home, the other was some exhaust smoke.

So I installed a catch can.  The valve cover on the passenger side (US) should be sucking in air for a source.  I chose the air filter assembly.  The drivers side going to the PCV is one hose you can place a 'T' piece for the catch can.  I then took a second point from the top of the oil filler neck to the catch can.

This will all be taken off when going SPFI next week including the SC. Here are some pics.

H9080001_zpsd90cb7a9.jpg

IMG_0003-18.jpg

• 5 months later...

... The drivers side going to the PCV is one hose you can place a 'T' piece for the catch can. I then took a second point from the top of the oil filler neck to the catch can...

H9080001_zpsd90cb7a9.jpg

This setup seems to be Wrong to me, because the Oil Filler tube is on the Passenger's side ® which is the side that breathes fresh air and is the opposite side to where you connected your Oil Catch Can's other end; so it ends to be like connecting both sides together.  Think carefully about it.

Kind Regards.

• 1 year later...

Three years and a Half has passed already since I installed the Oil Catch Can on my "BumbleBeast" and I want to Update this thread by saying that the thing hasn't trapped a single drop of oil, because the longer and steep incline route of the hose, prevents the oil to reach the catch can.

Funny, isn't it? ... ;) ... Kind Regards.

Three years and a Half has passed already since I installed the Oil Catch Can on my "BumbleBeast" and I want to Update this thread by saying that the thing hasn't trapped a single drop of oil, because the longer and steep incline route of the hose, prevents the oil to reach the catch can.

Funny, isn't it? ... ;) ... Kind Regards.

i just bought the recalled item acouple hours ago, will get here on friday, i think 30bucks for it was alittle pricy but where else am i going to find one unless i make one, plus it was new old stock so i think i did okay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261697337308?nav=SEARCH