Ultimate Subaru Message Board

code 301 302 and 303 and cruise light flashing? 06 forester

06 Forester 2.5 automatic.

Car was running and driving well, no problems.

All of a sudden this morning the CEL came on and it started stumbling badly. Also, the cruise control light started flashing on and off. Drove about 1/2 mile to a shop- they pulled codes 301 302 and 303, missfire on 2,3,and 4.

Cleared the codes and drove 1 mile home, car drove much better on way home but CEL came back on.

Any ideas?

I tried registering there but their ant-spam program kept saying I was answering the question wrong.

I SO hate those damn things...they are impossible to read.

I'm not finding anything definitive. But a bad valve, timing belt issues, extreme weather changes, etc. come up.

How many miles? What recent maintenance has been done or issues have occurred?

Did you get the codes checked again?

TD

Car has 80k miles on it. Last major service was the scheduled 60k done at a reputable shop. Since then reg oil changes. No warning signs at all. As soon as the car was started the CEL came on, the cruise control started flashing and the car was running very poorly.

We have the extended warranty (I'll never mock that again) so it's going to the dealer on Fri morning. I'll post with the diagnosis as soon as I know.

Your current mileage is well under the recommended change interval for the timing belt. You might want to get in touch with Subaru of America over that.

In addition, I'd ask the dealer to show you the language in the extended warrantee which excludes the problem. If it really is excluded, your mocking attitude is probably justified.

• 2 weeks later...